Ryan Puglisi - QB - Avon Old Farms | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ryan Puglisi - QB - Avon Old Farms

Reaction Score
I thought you knew nothing of this kid.

One thing we need to realize is that losing a local HS football to Georgia, where both programs fit today, in men's basketball this would be similar to a stud kid from Concord or Manchester choosing Kentucky over UNH.
'This Kid'

Not ALL recruits. He's a 2024 target anyway....I'm still on 2023-neither signing period has arrived yet so many classes are unsettled.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
'This Kid'

Not ALL recruits. He's a 2024 target anyway....I'm still on 2023-neither signing period has arrived yet so many classes are unsettled.
Your first comment, in your first post in this thread was "I know nothing about this kid" yet in the post I responded to you evidently know enough about the efforts that JM has put in to claim it was merely sending an offer, not actual recruiting.

I'm pretty confident that unless you lied in your first comment, you are jumping to conclusions on something that you have no way of knowing.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Ryan Puglisi will, ahem, rethink his commitment to the ‘Dawgs. He’s going to be behind a metric ton of competition there.

C’mon, Ryan….UCONN has PLENTY of snaps available.:D:D:D

Reaction Score
I wonder if Ryan Puglisi will, ahem, rethink his commitment to the ‘Dawgs. He’s going to be behind a metric ton of competition there.

C’mon, Ryan….UCONN has PLENTY of snaps available.:D:D:D

Reaction Score
Some excellent points made in this discussion but those that make the most sense right now seem to be that JM should:
-identify talent that fits his schemes;
-develop a rapport with those players while recruiting them;
-wish them well if they initially choose to go elsewhere;
-sit back and wait till they realize they're not getting the playing time they expected or were promised;
-swoop in and get them in year two or three.
But, we have to remember, the NIL money may be the biggest factor keeping the highest rated kids from coming to UConn. Look at DICKinson in basketball. Supposedly making $1M at Michigan. Even if we wanted him, do we have the well heeled supporters we'd need to make him an offer that would beat that or the supposedly higher offer he got from Kansas?

Reaction Score
"Tighten up the program's relationships with CT prep schools" and beat Nick Saban head to head for talent are two VERY different things.
Yeah. $EC money, weather, and ease of academics are not easy to compete with. Have any of you guys seen the coeds dow there? Not easy to beat that long with being in the picture for a Natty every year.

Reaction Score
Some excellent points made in this discussion but those that make the most sense right now seem to be that JM should:
-identify talent that fits his schemes;
-develop a rapport with those players while recruiting them;
-wish them well if they initially choose to go elsewhere;
-sit back and wait till they realize they're not getting the playing time they expected or were promised;
-swoop in and get them in year two or three.
But, we have to remember, the NIL money may be the biggest factor keeping the highest rated kids from coming to UConn. Look at DICKinson in basketball. Supposedly making $1M at Michigan. Even if we wanted him, do we have the well heeled supporters we'd need to make him an offer that would beat that or the supposedly higher offer he got from Kansas?
But Coach Cal says the Kentucky guys looking at NIL are "tripping over nickels". Of course too many 4 and 5 stars on the bench wind up needing those nickles. I think zUCONN has plenty of well heeled fans. This is a very wealthy state

Reaction Score
But Coach Cal says the Kentucky guys looking at NIL are "tripping over nickels". Of course too many 4 and 5 stars on the bench wind up needing those nickles. I think zUCONN has plenty of well heeled fans. This is a very wealthy state
It may be a very wealthy state but are the well healed people UConn fans?

Reaction Score
It may be a very wealthy state but are the well healed people UConn fans?
No. Because most of the money is in Fairfield county which barely considers itself part of Connecticut. Most of those kids go to private schools and the places like Indiana, Michigan, Penn State, etc.

This has always been our issue and why we don’t have a bigger endowment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom