Ryan Kalish is ready | The Boneyard

Ryan Kalish is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think its time for the Sox to bring Ryan Kalish up and make him the right fielder until he proves he doesn't deserve it. He hitting .354, with an OBP of .453 and an OPS of 1.138 in his rehab assignment. He is doing even better than that with 3A Pawtucket.

They should replace Kalish with Juan Carlos Linares who is having a terrific year at 2A Portland. .337 AVE and .943 OPS.

Finally, they should move Jackie Bradley up from advance A Salem to replace Linares. Jackie is making a mockery of the pitching in that league with an AVE of .363 and an OPS of 1.020.

The future beyond this season is beginning to look bright.

Reaction Score
I think its time for the Sox to bring Ryan Kalish up and make him the right fielder until he proves he doesn't deserve it. He hitting .354, with an OBP of .453 and an OPS of 1.138 in his rehab assignment. He is doing even better than that with 3A Pawtucket.

They should replace Kalish with Juan Carlos Linares who is having a terrific year at 2A Portland. .337 AVE and .943 OPS.

Finally, they should move Jackie Bradley up from advance A Salem to replace Linares. Jackie is making a mockery of the pitching in that league with an AVE of .363 and an OPS of 1.020.

The future beyond this season is beginning to look bright.
Kalish is the best hitting Sox outfielder prospect and would have started in RF if he wasn't injured. Nava has been outstanding but he has been hitting over his head but I just don't see Nava as an everyday major leaguer. He will probably get sent down when they bring up Kalish. An outfield of Crawford, Ellsbury and Kalish would be formidible.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This thread is sad.

Please stop being so that mocking you feels like making fun of Special Olympians, Red Sox.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile in Oakland Josh Reddick has 15 homers with a .855 OPS.

Reaction Score
Kalish is the best hitting Sox outfielder prospect and would have started in RF if he wasn't injured. Nava has been outstanding but he has been hitting over his head but I just don't see Nava as an everyday major leaguer. He will probably get sent down when they bring up Kalish. An outfield of Crawford, Ellsbury and Kalish would be formidible.
An outfield of Kalish, Crawford and Ellsbury is formidable but only on paper. If and when Crawford comes back, we don't know what he will bring. Will he be the Crawford of old or the Crawford of 2011? We also don't know what Kalish will do at the major league level. I like his potential but we will see. For now the Nava of 2012 is better than the Crawford of 2011.

I noticed that the Sox moved Jackie Bradley to double A Portland. Now if they would just move Linares to the Pawsox I will be confident that they are listening to me.

Reaction Score
I noticed that the Sox moved Jackie Bradley to double A Portland. Now if they would just move Linares to the Pawsox I will be confident that they are listening to me.[/quote]

They did it! These guys are pretty smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom