Ryan Crozier a bright spot in UConn’s forgettable season (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Ryan Crozier a bright spot in UConn’s forgettable season (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Ryan Crozier a bright spot in UConn’s forgettable season

>>“I like what he’s done for us at center, he makes all the calls,” UConn coach Randy Edsall said. “Ryan plays with a little bit of an edge to him which we need and need more guys to have. He is a competitor, it is important to him.

“From a coach’s perspective, you really appreciate a guy like Ryan Crozier. You can tell how important football is to these guys. For Ryan to have the issues that he’s had from an injury standpoint and for him to just keep working and battling back, doing the things that he did in his rehabilitation to get back on the field, it tells you how much he loves the game and how much he loves to play the game and how much he loves what the game is about. You know you are always going to get an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay when it comes to Ryan Crozier. He is not going to cheat the system.”<<

>>First-year offensive coordinator John Dunn admits that having a veteran center has made his job easier.

“Mentally, he is an extra coach,” Dunn said. “It is easy not only during the week to tell him what we are going to do but during a game it is not like, ‘where’s the board? Draw it up.’ He is like, ‘yeah, I got ya, leave me alone.’ It is really nice and plus the more that they can do that the more it takes off of David. I have been in places where the quarterback makes all of those things, they are trying to figure out where this guy is, where that guy is and now their eyes aren’t on coverages so that helps the guy taking the snaps too.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom