Ryan Boatright & the NBA Draft | The Boneyard

Ryan Boatright & the NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Found what information I could about Ryan Boatright and the NBA Draft on Twitter and wanted to make a thread dedicated to any Boatright news leading up to the NBA draft. Here's what there is so far:

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think he could get drafted in the late-late second round. He'll definitely get a shot.

Reaction Score
I think he can be isaiah thomas like in being late second round pick but i don't think he'll ever be a starter but thats not bad he can have a long career as a rotation guard like KO

Reaction Score
Doc Rivers is really trying to buy a second round pick, currently the clips are not in the 2015 draft. this is strange for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that doc hates rookies and refuses to play them. maybe he is changing his ways idk. Boatright is better at basketball than austin rivers so theres that.

interesting mcconnall and boatright seemed to be always matched up in workouts, probably considered two deep sleepers in the second round for the pg position.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
For Boat to land behind CP3 in LA with Clips would probably be best-case scenario for him.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
If he goes to the Blazers I'll have to get season tickets. Boat!

Reaction Score
For Boat to land behind CP3 in LA with Clips would probably be best-case scenario for him.
Its a good spot purely basketball wise, but Doc doesn't play rookies much at all - given that Boatright is very likely a 2nd round pick that makes it dicey. No PT means difficulty landing that 2nd contract. Boat would be best off getting some burn on a non-contender early and THEN going to situation like the Clips or Bullets (err Wiz).

Reaction Score
Boat is a guy who can literally do everything on the floor asked of his position. I would love to see him on a good team, coming off the bench with little pressure. He had one of the highest vertical jumps at the combine, and that should outweigh his lack of height. He beat freaking Drummond in a dunk contest their Freshman year. Whoever picks up Boat in the second round is getting a hell of a player.

Reaction Score

I was just thinking the other night that LAC needs a backup PG, and how amazing it would be if they traded for Bazz. We know CP3 is cool with Bazz, but I wouldn't at all hate it if that UConn alum turns out to be Boat. Maybe we'll see some Boatright in next year's playoffs instead of that dirty aussie!

Reaction Score
Boatright is better at basketball than austin rivers so theres that.
Come on, a little perspective here; Rivers was obviously a bust, but he was a top ten pick who averaged 15/4/2 in college. He's gone on to play 4,000+ minutes in the NBA. Its not even a sure thing if Boat gets drafted.

Reaction Score
Come on, a little perspective here; Rivers was obviously a bust, but he was a top ten pick who averaged 15/4/2 in college. He's gone on to play 4,000+ minutes in the NBA. Its not even a sure thing if Boat gets drafted.
eh, austin rivers is one of the worst basketball players in the nba. but you may be right, boat will be too much of a defensive liability . he will also have to figure out what to do when trapped every pick n roll by nba players, something he had problems with vs college players.

Reaction Score
eh, austin rivers is one of the worst basketball players in the nba. but you may be right, boat will be too much of a defensive liability . he will also have to figure out what to do when trapped every pick n roll by nba players, something he had problems with vs college players.
The same Austin Rivers that averaged 11 ppg on 46% shooting and 39% from 3 in the conference semis vs the Rockets? Yea, Boatright is better. Cmon man

Reaction Score
The same Austin Rivers that averaged 11 ppg on 46% shooting and 39% from 3 in the conference semis vs the Rockets? Yea, Boatright is better. Cmon man
austin rivers stinks. had a few decent games, but a broken clock is right once too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom