Ryan Boatright Interview with Borges/Anthony | The Boneyard

Ryan Boatright Interview with Borges/Anthony

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Great interview, and loved to hear Boat's honesty.

For example he said - that he hated Bazz the first few years, but they grew to be be good friends.

He talked about the difficulty of having to play overseas - had to sue a former team to pay him 80K that were owed to him......

Reaction Score
One of my pandemic hobbies was rewatching games from our title runs. Boat was so damn good at both ends. So many Boat moments in that run - like a big 3 when we needed it against Saint Joe’s, scoring on back to back possessions while stealing a couple minutes rest for Bazz against Florida so UF didn’t go on a run there, the step back over Randle in the final. There was also a no-look alley oop that he threw to DD in the Florida game that was of the slickest I’ve ever seen, and then he went down the other end and harassed Wilbekin into clanging one off the backboard.

He‘s a Wall of Honor definite in my eyes - need to get Ben Gordon up there too once fans are back. I know Ben had some mental health issues he wrote about recently, so he might appreciate a Gampel roar again.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Me trying not to make the comment, “He’s a Hurley type of player”

1614035121101.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you're reading this Coach, get us another Boatright! Haha

Boat bleeds so much blue. His number deserves to be up in Gampel.

Reaction Score
Great interview. Probably the toughest guy we've ever had pound for pound. He's tiny and played with a chip on his shoulder, it was so much fun watching that little guy catch alley oops and D'ing up everyone in the tournament. He's an alpha dog and put his ego to the side to be the #2 to Bazz's #1. That couldn't have been easy to do and Bazz was a demanding difficult player to share the backcourt with. I want him in the Huskies of Honor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom