Ruthie Hebard on being raised by white (adopted) parents and (lots of) other stuff | The Boneyard

Ruthie Hebard on being raised by white (adopted) parents and (lots of) other stuff

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Wonderful article. There's so much more to the players we root for (and occasionally against) than meets the eye, and the Players' Tribune is a brilliant way to give athletes the opportunity to share a window into their worlds in their own words.

Great stuff.

Reaction Score
Wonderful article. There's so much more to the players we root for (and occasionally against) than meets the eye, and the Players' Tribune is a brilliant way to give athletes the opportunity to share a window into their worlds in their own words.

Great stuff.
You nailed it. It was Derek Jeter’s brilliance to create this platform for athletes to be able to communicate directly with the public as an alternative to having the media filter, cherry pick, twist their messages all out of proportion, and invent their own stories out of little sound bites.

The only time you get Players Tribune stories reported in the regular media is when it’s news that can’t be ignored (such as announcements, like Sabrina coming back for her senior year) because Players Tribune is the media’s competitor. They feel threatened by it and they hate it. Kudos to Jeter!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thank you for posting, really wonderful article.

Games were cancelled if it hit 40 below. That's interesting. My brother was stationed at the AFB in Fairbanks for several years. I seem to recall that 20-30 below was fairly normal in the winter. But it's a dry cold. :rolleyes: I think he said it felt colder when he'd go to Anchorage w/ temps 20 or more degrees warmer, but with moist marine air.

Reaction Score
Awesome story. It is another example of the platform athletes have to help so many. I had friends growing up who were adopted or foster kids. Likewise now my kids have friends in the same situation. The gratefulness for the adopted family is immeasurable but they also always had the lingering questions too.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Games were cancelled if it hit 40 below. That's interesting. My brother was stationed at the AFB in Fairbanks for several years. I seem to recall that 20-30 below was fairly normal in the winter. But it's a dry cold. :rolleyes: I think he said it felt colder when he'd go to Anchorage w/ temps 20 or more degrees warmer, but with moist marine air.
I'm sure, similar to the "dry heat" I live in. It can be hot as the dickens, but instead of feeling like your life and sweat is oozing out of every pore, you feel like someone turned on a broiler overhead. Back before we moved, on a vacation, we flew home to NJ from a 105 degree Phoenix to 80+ degree Philadelphia and wanted to get on the plane and go back. Really no comparison.

I could imagine that there is a similar "cold" effect.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Supposedly at 40 below your spit freezes before it hits the ground. In college I kept hoping for 40 below, but alas it never got colder than 30 below.

It’s no accident I settled south of the Mason-Dixon line. I was crazy in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom