Rutgers vs. #3 South Carolina | The Boneyard

Rutgers vs. #3 South Carolina

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
First-round game of the Gulf Coast Showcase, being shown on FloHoops (subscription).
http://gcs.bdglobalsports.com/

SC currently leads 63-57, with 5 minutes to play in Q4.

Win or lose, Rutgers has shown a lot in this game. This team is indeed reminiscent of C-Viv's teams of old: athletic, hustle-hard kids who get after you on full-court pressure defense. They have made a very good South Carolina team work very hard here.

A'ja Wilson is the savior for SC, as Rutgers doesn't really have an answer for her.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
We lose 78-68. I'm so proud of this team tho, we held tough but didn't have an answer for Wilson.

Ohio State, Maryland, & Michigan better watch out for us come B1G time because we're only going to get better imo.

Plebe

Reaction Score
We lose 78-68. I'm so proud of this team tho, we held tough but didn't have an answer for Wilson.

Ohio State, Maryland, & Michigan better watch out for us come B1G time because we're only going to get better imo.

I agree. After watching them play, I really believe this Rutgers team will likely win 20 games this year, and may even get to 23 to give Stringer 1,000 wins.

Wilson finishes with 33 points, 15 of them on free throws.

Reaction Score
Rutgers is very good this year. Scaife is the real deal and has a very good supporting cast. the TOs really made my headache and wasn't a pretty showing for SC. we can't depend on Wilson to do it all every game or we will have a lost coming very soon. Stringer and co have a good bunch and have nothing to hang their heads about they fought hard! SC faces St. john's tomorrow in another test and could face either ND or USF Sunday. really hoping this team can finish stronger than they have these past games.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

NOBODY is going to have an answer for Wilson if she keeps getting this much love from the res. 15-17 today from the line. And it's been happening in every game so far this season. Parker level stuff. I can't believe she's getting fouled that much.

Reaction Score
NOBODY is going to have an answer for Wilson if she keeps getting this much love from the res. 15-17 today from the line. And it's been happening in every game so far this season. Parker level stuff. I can't believe she's getting fouled that much.
Would be nice if Z develops into that for us. She should be getting to the line 10 times per game.

Reaction Score
RU had a bunch of turmoil last year with a bad record and then 4 or 5 transfers. Looks like some of the departures were cleaning house, and the team is better off for it.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Did not watch the game but RU really has no one who can match up with Wilson, so would not be surprised if she got fouled a ton.

Really glad that RU came into the game without fear and believing they could win. If they continue to improve (there are A TON of new players) they could be very dangerous.

Plebe

Reaction Score
From what I watched, the foul calls were pretty legit. Sometimes a player gets fouled a lot because no one on the other team can stop her without fouling.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
From what I watched, the foul calls were pretty legit. Sometimes a player gets fouled a lot because no one on the other team can stop her without fouling.

17 free throws? When we had Diana they banged her all over the court when she was a Jr & Sr but they only called a very small fraction of them. I remember watching Parker and she used to parade to the line like that every game. Once a player starts getting calls it seems like they get all the calls.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
RU had a bunch of turmoil last year with a bad record and then 4 or 5 transfers. Looks like some of the departures were cleaning house, and the team is better off for it.
That is probably why Coach Stringer got that contract extension.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It was interesting playing my 2nd favorite school. I was at work and didn't see the game, though.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That is probably why Coach Stringer got that contract extension.
Well, the extension doubtless to get the 1000 wins. The reason he was willing, the reality that there were deep issues - we'll never hear the details, of course - but it was obvious on the court, the player's faces, and Vivian's as well. I only saw one game on TV this year and I agree with the other folks who say they look much more like the "old" Rutgers teams. There isn't a lot of star power, I don't believe, except for Tyler, but there are a bunch of solid players playing as a team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, the extension doubtless to get the 1000 wins. The reason he was willing, the reality that there were deep issues - we'll never hear the details, of course - but it was obvious on the court, the player's faces, and Vivian's as well. I only saw one game on TV this year and I agree with the other folks who say they look much more like the "old" Rutgers teams. There isn't a lot of star power, I don't believe, except for Tyler, but there are a bunch of solid players playing as a team.
If Rutgers gets 20+ wins this season — and at this point, I believe they will — they will make the AD look like a smart guy for keeping C-Viv around.

Reaction Score
Depends how you define "answer." Is beating SC by at least 20 points on their home court? If so, I'm pretty sure UConn will have an answer. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom