Rutgers transfer from Iowa state being charged with record tampering | The Boneyard

Rutgers transfer from Iowa state being charged with record tampering

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Transferred in from Iowa State

Apparently, he bet on college basketball games and tried to hide his identity.

Rutgers assures us that it is monitoring the situation.

Reaction Score
“The tampering with records charge that Williams is facing is an aggravated misdemeanor and could carry a maximum sentence of up to one year in county jail or up to two years in prison if convicted, the newspaper reports.”

Jail time for lying about his age to bet? That’s crazy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“The tampering with records charge that Williams is facing is an aggravated misdemeanor and could carry a maximum sentence of up to one year in county jail or up to two years in prison if convicted, the newspaper reports.”

Jail time for lying about his age to bet? That’s crazy
What is it age? I thought he signed in under bogus name. I can't see him doing any jail time either way. But, here's the thing, it's well-known that you don't bet on the sport that you are playing. If any of those games or Rutgers games, it's hard for me to feel sorry for him.

Reaction Score
What is it age? I thought he signed in under bogus name. I can't see him doing any jail time either way. But, here's the thing, it's well-known that you don't bet on the sport that you are playing. If any of those games or Rutgers games, it's hard for me to feel sorry for him.
Yeah, really dumb decision regardless

Reaction Score
My guess if that many, many players are breaking the tampering betting rules both pro and college.

Reaction Score
I am afraid we are heading to some major violations with legalized gambling. People think they can get rich quick I guess. These betting sites are in it to take your money not give you theirs. My money is too important to me to pee it away. Just my thoughts.

Reaction Score
I am afraid we are heading to some major violations with legalized gambling. People think they can get rich quick I guess. These betting sites are in it to take your money not give you theirs. My money is too important to me to pee it away. Just my thoughts.
Lol these kids aren't trying to "get rich quick", believe it or not most kids think gambling is fun. I enjoy betting on games with my disposable income. I'm not betting an College football Saturday slate thinking I'm going to get rich, I just like having some action on games I'm watching

Reaction Score
Lol these kids aren't trying to "get rich quick", believe it or not most kids think gambling is fun. I enjoy betting on games with my disposable income. I'm not betting an College football Saturday slate thinking I'm going to get rich, I just like having some action on games I'm watching
Some people think they'll hit it big and some ruin their lives gambling. It's a fun little hobby for some and it's a soul crushing addiction for others. There's some who can handle drugs for fun and for others it destroys them.

Reaction Score
You could make a case that this situation is a confuence of legal gambling and NIL... Trying not to get to hot takey here, but... This generation really scares me.. I have high school kids denser than I've ever had in my 15+ years of education - but the scarier part is that they don't think the rules apply to them - and are bewildered that there are consequences for their actions.

That being said, I'm a daily $2 parlay guy.. a 5-teamer can net me about $45-50 if the odds are right. That way I can lose like 25 in a row, and if I win one I'm back to even.

I actually went 0-5 on a parlay last night, that is impressive!

Reaction Score
Isn't this what every generation says about the generations after them?
Yeah it sure is. I always love pointing out articles like this. It's all fun and games until all of the sudden you're part of the older generation complaining

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom