Rutgers' Stringer refreshed, 'was tired ... beat up' | The Boneyard

Rutgers' Stringer refreshed, 'was tired ... beat up'

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
"It was strange because that's the first time that I ever have been away from the game. I had never missed a practice, the only time was when my husband passed and my mom passed," she said. "It had to be something really eventful or earth-shattering that I would disrupt anything as it relates to practice. I don't miss practice because that's the only thing I take very sacred."
Stringer hadn't been sleeping more than a few hours a night. She'd been drinking a lot of coffee and taking caffeine pills for years. It all caught up with her before she took her leave.
Rutgers' Stringer refreshed, 'was tired ... beat up'

Reaction Score
It sounds like she has taken her doctor's words to heart and is taking better care of herself. It's hard to believe she's 71, I honestly thought she was younger, she's so energetic. Now I know it was probably the caffeine :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It sounds like she has taken her doctor's words to heart and is taking better care of herself. It's hard to believe she's 71, I honestly thought she was younger, she's so energetic. Now I know it was probably the caffeine :)

How can a 1000 game winner who does not win at a 30+ game a year pace not be 70+ years old?

Reaction Score
How can a 1000 game winner who does not win at a 30+ game a year pace not be 70+ years old?

I haven't the slightest idea. I just posted my impression of her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CViv had the same thing that Maya did—tired and beat up. Let’s see how the Scarlet Knights do this year. I’m glad Viv’s health is good.

Reaction Score
Sometimes people get burned out and need a refresher. She has been at this for a long time, glad to hear she is doing better.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
She had a serious coffee habit when we were there. Didn't know about caffeine pills, she was known for occasionally popping headache pills (the joke was "Excederin headache") but I have no idea what brand it really was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom