Rutgers (Schiano) should play us ... | The Boneyard

Rutgers (Schiano) should play us ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Back in the early aughts ...

Schiano lost to Villanova. Schiano lost to New Hampshire

He then went to the clever OOC scheduling of the HIBC including Howard, Delaware State, etc. He competed in the Big East & tried to make bowls by crafting his OOC. He is back into that for sure. But, he can grab a UCONN game in the next 3 years ... and reasonbly think it is a Winn. So bring it on ... We will fill his SHI (t) Stadium. And bring more revenue in for his All Star coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Schiano will find that this go round at Rutgers will be much harder than his first go round. It won’t be a quick fix and the fans better be patient. Rutgers has to play Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., and Michigan St. every year. Heck, they scored 10 or less points in 8/12 games and shut out 3 times. Big 10 plays 9 conference games and requires 1 OOC P5 game so he can’t schedule to make a bowl. He has little scheduling flexibility so I really don’t see how he can schedule UConn in the near future.

I would bet UConn football will have a winning record before Rutgers football.

Reaction Score
Rutgers OOC games:

2020: FCS, Syracuse, Temple
2021: FCS, Syracuse, Temple
2022: BC, Temple, need Game
2023: Temple, Virginia Tech, Ohio

Maybe games could be scheduled after 2023.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Rutgers OOC games:

2020: FCS, Syracuse, Temple
2021: FCS, Syracuse, Temple
2022: BC, Temple, need Game
2023: Temple, Virginia Tech, Ohio

Maybe games could be scheduled after 2023.
‘22. Make it happen

Reaction Score
‘22. Make it happen
2022 is possible. Big 10 schools are allowed to play FCS schools in years that they play 4 conference home games, but not when they play 5 conference home games. In 2022, they play 5 conference home games so they need an FBS game. They are playing BC and Temple on the road, so they need an FBS home game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He only gets 3 OOC games as a member of the Big Ten. He would need to go 3-6 in conference without the benefit of being Rutgers.

Their TV contract and their home schedule are the only things about RU football that we need to envy.

Reaction Score
Schiano will find that this go round at Rutgers will be much harder than his first go round. It won’t be a quick fix and the fans better be patient. Rutgers has to play Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., and Michigan St. every year. Heck, they scored 10 or less points in 8/12 games and shut out 3 times. Big 10 plays 9 conference games and requires 1 OOC P5 game so he can’t schedule to make a bowl. He has little scheduling flexibility so I really don’t see how he can schedule UConn in the near future.

If I’m not mistaken, doesn’t the BIG10 consider is to be an equivalent p5 team?

Reaction Score

Rutgers got better through realignment in conference because Miami and Virginia Tech left.

Reaction Score
He only gets 3 OOC games as a member of the Big Ten. He would need to go 3-6 in conference without the benefit of being Rutgers.

Their TV contract and their home schedule are the only things about RU football that we need to envy.

we are a Hoop National Champion. 4 Times

In my lifetime, I watched Tony Hanson all the way thru Calhoun & then Kemba Shabazz. They have Phil Sellers.

Their fans don’t get TV money in their pocket. And zip as far as heartbeats & memories.

Reaction Score
Their fans don’t get TV money in their pocket. And zip as far as heartbeats & memories.
Can anyone decipher this? I sure can't figure out what it means. Not trying to be mean or disrespectful. I honestly can't figure out what your talking about.

Reaction Score
Rutgers paid over a million $ each to UMass and Liberty for their body bag games. AD Dave better not accept any buy games from them. It would be an awful feeling.

Reaction Score
Can anyone decipher this? I sure can't figure out what it means. Not trying to be mean or disrespectful. I honestly can't figure out what your talking about.

is English your native language?

Go chat with A Rutgers Fan. They spout their superiority based on conference; based on their capacity to build far more Capital infrastructure & largesse devoted to staffing. Far more than UCONN today based on TVmoney. They don’t have more wins; they don’t win Championships in any sport in college athletics; the RU fan hadn’t seen a Team provide greater “value” to his Life.

Reaction Score
Rutgers paid over a million $ each to UMass and Liberty for their body bag games. AD Dave better not accept any buy games from them. It would be an awful feeling.

Why? Their money spends just as well as any other schools. It's a local game, one with a little history, and should the (UConn) program right the ship, would be a game where there is a chance of not only collecting the $$, but potentially getting a win. Frankly it's also a program that might be willing to come up to Storrs on 1-1 basis, giving us some critical and a more interesting home game than say Middle Tennessee.

Realistically, Middle and Bottom Tier P5 schools are the kind of schools that you can beat and carry outsized benefits to the lower tier schools for beating them. They are good targets for games, either for $$ or (preferably) with home games attached.

Reaction Score
Why? Their money spends just as well as any other schools. It's a local game, one with a little history, and should the (UConn) program right the ship, would be a game where there is a chance of not only collecting the $$, but potentially getting a win. Frankly it's also a program that might be willing to come up to Storrs on 1-1 basis, giving us some critical and a more interesting home game than say Middle Tennessee.

Realistically, Middle and Bottom Tier P5 schools are the kind of schools that you can beat and carry outsized benefits to the lower tier schools for beating them. They are good targets for games, either for $$ or (preferably) with home games attached.

Home and home would be great. But being a buy game for Rutgers would suck even more than the UCF game. It's like having your ex-wife and her new husband buy you a winter coat because you're a hobo now. No thanks, I'll just freeze in my card board box.

Reaction Score
Home and home would be great. But being a buy game for Rutgers would suck even more than the UCF game. It's like having your ex-wife and her new husband buy you a winter coat because you're a hobo now. No thanks, I'll just freeze in my card board box.

It’s not like that - that would infer that you did something wrong and the new husband did something right.

It’s more like your really dumb hobo buddy got picked for that HBO documentary “Revsersal of Fortune” where they gave the random hobo 100k as an experiment to see what he would do with it, just bc he was related to the production assistant. But in this scenario, they only get the money if they fight a bunch of trained UFC fighters every year, and your buddy is a meth addict.

Your dumb hobo buddy has no idea what they are doing or how to handle that process, so in that frazzled state they offer you 10k to fight them.

You take the 10k, and you might actually get to beat the snot out of them in the process.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given the events of the last 10 years we are a meaningless zit on Rutgers backside. They won. We lost. They have nothing to gain by playing us.
Speak for yourself.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Go chat with A Rutgers Fan. They spout their superiority based on conference;

That's more a 'cuse fan. A Rutgers fan will explain you, ad nauseum, how they are relevant and important they are.

Reaction Score
Back in the early aughts ...

Schiano lost to Villanova. Schiano lost to New Hampshire

He then went to the clever OOC scheduling of the HIBC including Howard, Delaware State, etc. He competed in the Big East & tried to make bowls by crafting his OOC. He is back into that for sure. But, he can grab a UCONN game in the next 3 years ... and reasonbly think it is a Winn. So bring it on ... We will fill his SHI (t) Stadium. And bring more revenue in for his All Star coaching staff.

Why would they do this. Scheduling AVAILABILITY is a barrier. Plus BRAND and SIZZLE.

Reaction Score
Schiano’s clothing and private jet budget is greater than what our entire staff makes.

UConn=not winning.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Speak for yourself.
Yes... people will line up in droves to see the two worst possible football teams the pageantry of two of college football’s oldest teams battle on the gridiron.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Guys - I really, really miss the days of playing Rutgers and beating those hateful duckers. I still hate them. More than Cuse and more than BC. And we can say they stink all we want but I’d cut off my left arm for their kind of irrelevancy in the B1G while we remain on life support.

Reaction Score
Once

If you think it’s useful to just whine about Edsall & UConn Footballs sorry State ... I think you’re an odd duck. None of us thinks this is ok. Rutgers, though, is at the approximate same win total. They are playing Temple ... and I guarantee you that Schiano would rather play us. Why? Look at his history ... he doesn’t want to play teams at the lower pyramid level who can possibly beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom