RUTGER'S PRESS | The Boneyard

RUTGER'S PRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If nothing else, it will teach the subs something about sportsmanship (in case they didn't know it already)...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hardly surprising from C. Viv. Faux intensity.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seriously? Your going to cry about being up 30 and CVS wanting to work on our press that hasn't been effective. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt she was working on the press.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt she was working on the press.

She has worked on things all year long when our games have been in hand, I don't see why today's game would be any different.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I guess you are not familiar with the unwritten rules of basketball. You just don't do that, after the leading team puts in all the subs.
Inside Geno is steaming just like I am. Real classy move Vivian

This is nothing new for CVS, the Queen of the Newark River.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
There are no unwritten rules about a team being down 30 and pressing to try to make the game closer.

Did you read the whole thread?

I think that you are missing the point by a fairly wide margin.

Reaction Score
Yes there is. when one team calls off the dogs in a blow out the other teams calls off the press.

I get it now what Bob means is there are no written unwritten rules about that and he's right LOL

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Working on the press against 2 walk-ons and the rest subs ? You 're kidding right ?

I'm not going to get into this with you guys. You guys played a nice game, that's all.

If you don't like it....put me on ignore.

Reaction Score
The losing team never has to concede. They weren't fouling to try to extend the game, they weren't playing dirty or taking cheap shots against us. There is nothing written or unwritten that says once the winning team calls off the dogs the losing has to give up and quit playing.

Reaction Score
The losing team never has to concede. They weren't fouling to try to extend the game, they weren't playing dirty or taking cheap shots against us. There is nothing written or unwritten that says once the winning team calls off the dogs the losing has to give up and quit playing.

who said anything about quitting or not playing ?

Reaction Score
Why would UCONN want to play RU ever again? A once proud program has gone downhill and C VIV is seeing her last days at the RAC.........No B 10 for her.......RU has serious financial issues entering the B 10........

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Why would UCONN want to play RU ever again? A once proud program has gone downhill and C VIV is seeing her last days at the RAC....No B 10 for her..RU has serious financial issues entering the B 10...

The AD stated before the game at an RU club event that CVS will be our coach going into the B1G.

Reaction Score

Fine, then the starters should re enter and beat them by 40!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm not going to get into this with you guys. You guys played a nice game, that's all.

If you don't like it....put me on ignore.
I get your point Coler. I think it was just the last possession when Uconn would have just held the ball. No need to press or even defend when that is happening.

I have to tell you I was very impress with Scaife and Copper. Great young players.

sTu

Reaction Score
That long heave at the very end was impressive also.

Reaction Score
I get your point Coler. I think it was just the last possession when Uconn would have just held the ball. No need to press or even defend when that is happening.

I have to tell you I was very impress with Scaife and Copper. Great young players.

they were both outstanding as most of their jumpers were contested

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Two great kids

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Bush... Let the game end and shake hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom