Rutgers -NYC city market share NY times Study | The Boneyard

Rutgers -NYC city market share NY times Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of the 3 million college football fans in NYC Rutgers accounts for 20% we account for 5%. Friday nights Rutgers/Louisville game on ESPN 2 drew a higher rating than Syracuses upset of West VA on ESPN. I for one am shocked by this. Despite the fact they we are better athletically(by alot) and academically this may put Rutgers ahead of us in the pecking order

Reaction Score
I'm not that schocked. Had the games on at work during prepping/cooking/eating dinner. When Cuse started blowing out WVU we changed to the Rutgers/Louisville game because it was a lot better to watch.

Reaction Score
I was surprised, but you can't compare us and Rutgers in the NYC TV market, because that includes most of New Jersey and just Fairfield County in Connecticut. That is not like saying RU has more fans in the five boroughs, Long Island and Westchester than we do -- just that the New York TV market includes more of Jersey than Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I meant not surprised by tv rating...a little surprised by fan numbers though.

Reaction Score
The study is bogus, which is surprising, coming from Silver. He's a good statistician. But the parameters he set-up are mind-bogglingly bad.

You want to know how popular a team is in a TV market? Duh! Look at the Nielsen ratings. Obviously, Rutgers' Louisville game TV rating is saying something. BUT, as someone who was watching TV that night, I can tell you I was more interested in Cuse-WV and then ended up switching to Rutgers-Louisville when Cuse took a 4X-1X lead. How are UConn's ratings comparatively?

That's the only question you need to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom