RUTGERS MICHIGAN | The Boneyard

RUTGERS MICHIGAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was at the Rutgers Michigan game last night. Some may not like what I am going to say but in truth, Rutgers looked like they belonged in the B1G last night. There was a full house that was rocking and intimidating. Rutgers win over Michigan was a good win for UCONN's aspirations. I was also rooting for Maryland to knock off Ohio State. If invited we have a good core 4 of Rutgers, Penn State and Maryland within driving distance.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They had a good atmosphere against Penn State too. Give them credit, they are making the most out of their punched cable box lottery ticket.

We had a rocking atmosphere against Michigan too and if it weren't for a sack-kicking interception and an incompetent coaching staff, we just might have won that game.

Reaction Score
They had a good atmosphere against Penn State too. Give them credit, they are making the most out of their punched cable box lottery ticket.

We had a rocking atmosphere against Michigan too and if it weren't for a sack-kicking interception and an incompetent coaching staff, we just might have won that game.

Exactly my point. UCONN had a great crowd and almost pulled it out against Michigan, which along with Rutger's W last night helps UCONN's cause. The Big East was always unfairly bashed as an inferior conference.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Exactly my point. UCONN had a great crowd and almost pulled it out against Michigan, which along with Rutger's W last night helps UCONN's cause. The Big East was always unfairly bashed as an inferior conference.

Completely agree. Nobody can convince me that the 2000-whenever WVU left Big East wasn't on par with or better than other "Power" conferences (I'm looking at you, ACC).

Reaction Score
One of these days people are going to realize that RU and MD were not added because they draw big crowds or have "great atmospheres".

And what they accomplish on or off the field has absolutely no bearing on us getting an invite. Expansion is over folks. Might as well come to grips with that now.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
F@ck Rutgers!!!!!!!!! In their Dupa

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
One of these days people are going to realize that RU and MD were not added because they draw big crowds or have "great atmospheres".

And what they accomplish on or off the field has absolutely no bearing on us getting an invite. Expansion is over folks. Might as well come to grips with that now.

They did an interview with Delany. I think, from what I heard, that they are not done expanding east. He mentioned going east many times during that short segment.

Reaction Score
They did an interview with Delany. I think, from what I heard, that they are not done expanding east. He mentioned going east many times during that short segment.

I would love to hear that.

Reaction Score

Beg to differ. What I witnessed last night was a great college game dame atmosphere. It was a sell out of over 50K and could see it grow.

Reaction Score
Yippee for them - the table was set for them (golden ticket to the B1G, relatively weak Michigan team in town) and they made the most of it by squeaking out a W. What's not for the locals to get enthused about?

Like Dooley said, the Michigan game at the Rent last year had a good college game atmosphere too. And that was post-CR and in the midst of a coaching staff driving the program off a cliff.

Reaction Score
Michigan is bad. Like really bad.

Rutgers beat Michigan

The Rutgers fans were ecstatic! As they should be. I was elated when UCONN beat Rutgers last year at the rent 28-17 and I want to destroy them the next time we meet. I still believe it was good for UCONN that Rutgers beat the Wolverines.

Reaction Score
Rutger's success, and I'm happy for them, as it helps improve the image of Eastern FB. Unfortunately it does not help UConn.

Its like saying, Rutgers is in the East. They play competitively with BIG Teams in their first year. UConn is in the East. Therefore they will play competitively in the BIG in their first year.

As much as I would hope that to be true, lets be realistic.

We don't have the talent base of a New Jersey, Maryland, or PA, and out of state recruiting is a challenge when you enter someone else's home territory, and what we have gives us a team in the lower 1% of FBS.

The success of Rutgers, Penn State, or Maryland will not get us an invite. The invite comes with success on the field only, and an appearance there is a fan base that cares.

Empty seats and barely competing with Stony Brook doesn't do it.

Reaction Score
Rutger's success, and I'm happy for them, as it helps improve the image of Eastern FB. Unfortunately it does not help UConn.

Its like saying, Rutgers is in the East. They play competitively with BIG Teams in their first year. UConn is in the East. Therefore they will play competitively in the BIG in their first year.

We don't have the talent base of a New Jersey, Maryland, or PA, and out of state recruiting is a challenge when you enter someone else's home territory, and what we have gives us a team in the lower 1% of FBS.

The success of Rutgers, Penn State, or Maryland will not get us an invite. The invite comes with success on the field only, and an appearance there is a fan base that cares.

This is SILLY

Of Course ... Rutgers doing well HELPS UConn. You cannot make a valid argument in any way that it doesn't. Frankly, many of you remind me of the Cartoon Character that always had rain falling on them in Andy Capp. Rutgers is competitive. Both Maryland and Rutgers fans have embraced the B1G. And the UConn Athletic Department is ACTUALLY far more accomplished at developing Programs in various sports. Given time, we can fit. So ... go find some other thing to cry about.

Reaction Score
TRest said:
That's so Rutgers.

Oof. I will say, I have been impressed with Rutgers this season, but storming the field after beating a likely 4 win team?

Reaction Score

Oh you of little faith. Perhaps gaining an understanding of UCONN's recruiting footprint will bolster your confidence in UCONN's ability to procure talent:

When describing the recruiting territory, Diaco said it will look literally like a footprint — Big Toe in Boston, little toe in Buffalo and the heel into Northern Virginia. The recruiting territory where UConn calls home will be from just South of D.C., Eastern PA all the way through to all of Massachusetts. That’s the home base.

“We are going to recruit our footprint like it’s our home state,” Diaco said. “New York, all five boroughs. Massachusetts completely, Eastern Pa. to Northern Virginia — a round semi-circle, portion of Virginia, D.C. and up to Baltimore then Delaware and straight up the coast, which is whole state of New Jersey.”

That’s going to be the footprint, but the Huskies will also have major presences in American Athletic Conference markets. Anywhere that has multiple direct flights a day from Bradley to an AAC city will have a major UConn presence.

“We are going to Dallas to fight against SMU, Tulsa in that area and those other schools,” Diaco added. “Cincinnati, Charlotte, to fight against East Carolina, South Florida (Tampa) and Central Florida (Orlando), we’re active in those cities. “

That’s going to be the footprint in major areas, and like always, the Huskies will also go into areas if they have a connection or a player expresses interest.

Reaction Score
Oh you of little faith. Perhaps gaining an understanding of UCONN's recruiting footprint will bolster your confidence in UCONN's ability to procure talent:

When describing the recruiting territory, Diaco said it will look literally like a footprint — Big Toe in Boston, little toe in Buffalo and the heel into Northern Virginia. The recruiting territory where UConn calls home will be from just South of D.C., Eastern PA all the way through to all of Massachusetts. That’s the home base.

“We are going to recruit our footprint like it’s our home state,” Diaco said. “New York, all five boroughs. Massachusetts completely, Eastern Pa. to Northern Virginia — a round semi-circle, portion of Virginia, D.C. and up to Baltimore then Delaware and straight up the coast, which is whole state of New Jersey.”

That’s going to be the footprint, but the Huskies will also have major presences in American Athletic Conference markets. Anywhere that has multiple direct flights a day from Bradley to an AAC city will have a major UConn presence.

“We are going to Dallas to fight against SMU, Tulsa in that area and those other schools,” Diaco added. “Cincinnati, Charlotte, to fight against East Carolina, South Florida (Tampa) and Central Florida (Orlando), we’re active in those cities. “

That’s going to be the footprint in major areas, and like always, the Huskies will also go into areas if they have a connection or a player expresses interest.
Diaco, unfortunately for us, was talking about a right foot. With the big toe in the middle of a great lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom