rutgers important ppl | The Boneyard

rutgers important ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
had a meeting today with the ad and they feel a B1G invite is very close to happening with MD. the follow of that would be UConn to the ACC and Lville and Cincy or BYU to the B12 and the NNNBE is the best of the rest around the country(cusa and big america conf all in 1). the bball schools will split and form a power bball league and get a espn contract for themselves. they will not be able to outbid the acc in a few years and msg will once again be the SHOW come bball time in march, but now for the ACCt. this has been a public service anouncment by HfD.

Reaction Score
And all of this before I had my dinner. HFDan, not seeing anything on twitter. You know what they say about realignment, if it ain't on twitter...

Reaction Score
IF what Dan posted is true about Rutgers & Maryland to the B1G, There's a snowball's chance that FSU & Clemson stay in the ACC. The Big 12 would much prefer those two institutions over any combination of the Ville, Cinci, & BYU.

Reaction Score
IF what Dan posted is true about Rutgers & Maryland to the B1G, There's a snowball's chance that FSU & Clemson stay in the ACC. The Big 12 would much prefer those two institutions over any combination of the Ville, Cinci, & BYU.
Why would FSU or Clemson care. With UConn in and UMd out theACC's FB just got upgraded (all be it slightly), and all other sports make an even bigger jump. Win-win!!

Fir the record, I'm not buying any of it, but a trade of UConn for UMd doesn't impact SOS.

Reaction Score
And the two most financially screwed athletic departments in the country want a Big 10 invite. I guess Rutgers and Maryland will hide their tin cups when Delaney makes his rounds.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
had a meeting today with the ad and they feel a B1G invite is very close to happening with MD. the follow of that would be UConn to the ACC and Lville and Cincy or BYU to the B12 and the NNNBE is the best of the rest around the country(cusa and big america conf all in 1). the bball schools will split and form a power bball league and get a espn contract for themselves. they will not be able to outbid the acc in a few years and msg will once again be the SHOW come bball time in march, but now for the ACCt. this has been a public service anouncment by HfD.
Lying liar is lying. Right?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This would be satisfactory.

Reaction Score
This sounds like the rumor going around about what the rutgers AD said at the football game last weekend in front of some boosters. Its on the rutgers rivals board

Reaction Score
And Maryland, whos athletic programs are in financial shambles, pays the 50 million exit fee how?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Keep doing you, HFD!

Reaction Score
Since we're talking about rumors, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that there's a rumor going around - started by me - that Temple is about this close to getting kicked out of the conference.

Reaction Score
And Maryland, whos athletic programs are in financial shambles, pays the 50 million exit fee how?

The thinking is that it could be legally challenged. One of the FSU trustees stated that it was "punitive".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a perfect rumor. It is just barely plausible enough. Rutgers has long been rumored to the B1G, and is AAU. Football performing well. Maryland was one of the schools screaming about the $50M exit fee. With these schools, the B1G footprint extends across PA to Jersey, and down to Maryland and DC, as well as up to NYC and north jersey. The B1G Network would be must carry on TVs from DC to Philly to NY. With B1G money, both schools shore up that funding gap.

I don't care anymore. Just let something happen to get us out. I'd gladly take this result.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Sometimes truth is stranger than the fiction of some of these stupis rumors.

Reaction Score
Something is happening, this time it's real. ;)

http://www.bigten.org/uconn

Maybe if we convince all the gullible UConn fans to continue to click on the link and search for Uconn in the B1G, then they will add us just to increase the Internet traffic. I can see it now, the B1G issues a statement: (Warning this is a joke, not an actual BIG Ten statement).

"In spite of recent upsurge in internet traffic, retweets and retwats, the creation rumor mills and puppy mills, repeated crashes in our servers, and increased secondary inquiry e-mails by knowledge-limited bloggers and supposedly respected media outlets, the BIG Ten Conference has no intention to expand at this time and has not made commutable offers to any unofficial offical members. In addtion, The BIG Ten has not created pages devoted to teams belonging outside the conference. Our conference must insist that searching for things that don't exist is reserved for other conference websites, please refer to www.WAC.org/nonexistent. However, the Big Ten Conference will begin creating faux search pages to appease those interested in being perspective members of the BIG Ten Conference. However, the Rutgers page will not feature the link to "national championship trophies" like the one located on the University of Connecticut page. The BIG Ten Conference will not acknowledge further inquiries unless the inquiry refers to increasing revenue. Please title all inquiries as "I plan on offering the Big Ten Conference $$$$$....". Thank you for your continued interest in the self-acclaimed best conference in American collegiate athletics."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom