OT: Rutgers how far they've come | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers how far they've come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BS, before this whole Joe Pa fiasco, PSU fans were just as immature

Here's a video of PSU abuse at beaver, totally classless.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jDiRPUiQZHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At Beaver? That was shot at Fraternity Row. You don't see the difference between a bunch of drunk off their ass frat bros harassing an opposing team's fan for walking through their party, versus an adult spending money on a sign that makes light of sexual abuse of a minor? All in the name of flaming a non existent rivalry? I hope no children were around to see it. Except for the one sitting in the back of this jack hole's vehicle that is. SMH

10659149_10100334371723539_4275021776217589954_n.jpg

Reaction Score
At Beaver? That was shot at Fraternity Row. You don't see the difference between a bunch of drunk off their ass frat bros harassing an opposing team's fan for walking through their party, versus an adult spending money on a sign that makes light of s e xual abuse of a minor? All in the name of flaming a non existent rivalry? I hope no children were around to see it. Except for the one sitting in the back of this jack hole's vehicle that is. SMH

10659149_10100334371723539_4275021776217589954_n.jpg
h

i'm not excusing anyone, jusst pointing that like this happens on both sides, that flag is disgusting

Reaction Score
So putting a qualifier on geography as being the #1 reason (by far, again), means that I'm insisting that other things were the reason we got in?

Look, it's pretty darn simple even for you guys:

Geography was the #1 factor, by far. Without it there's no chance of us being in the B1G.

But without showing some sort of pulse in the local market we don't get the invite.

That simple. Geography is why we're in, having big games that come across like big games on TV are why us being chosen is acceptable.

What "pulse" are you talking about? Are you still referring to that magical third-place season of 2006 again?

Rutgers got housed by the worst UConn team of my lifetime last year. Was this what makes Rutgers an acceptable choice?

As for a "pulse," I think you should take a look at the typical football crowd at Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland or Boston College, and then go sell crazy somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah, yeah, good for them. I still throw up in the back of my mouth, just a little bit, when I think about this.

Reaction Score

Jay you are not a bad guy but you're utterly delusional. The Philly rating was double that of the NY. Mostly due to Penn St. Look, the B1G is going to get what they wanted in Rutgers (DMA - cable boxes), but they're also going to get their fair share of embarassment. How many times was Delaney embarrassed by Rutgers before they played their first B1G game?

Reaction Score

What would the ratings had been for Penn State vs. UConn and Rutgers vs. Boise? If there's a pulse, it's not because of you.

You guys should change your name to the Rutgers DVRs, as there is, literally, nothing of value about your athletic department. Not a single thing. I'm sure you know this.

Reaction Score
Jay you are not a bad guy but you're utterly delusional. The Philly rating was double that of the NY. Mostly due to Penn St. Look, the B1G is going to get what they wanted in Rutgers (DMA - cable boxes), but they're also going to get their fair share of embarassment. How many times was Delaney embarrassed by Rutgers before they played their first B1G game?

A 2.2 in NYC is more households than a 4.4 in Philly, so, yeah good job with that one duder.

And this was the highest rated BTN game in Philly's history, so obviously it couldn't have just been because of PSU down there because hey guess what, PSU has had games on the network before.

And this game beat out a Notre Dame game that was on network television in the NYC market.

Twist it however you want, but those are the facts.

Reaction Score
A 2.2 in NYC is more households than a 4.4 in Philly, so, yeah good job with that one duder.

And this was the highest rated BTN game in Philly's history, so obviously it couldn't have just been because of PSU down there because hey guess what, PSU has had games on the network before.

And this game beat out a Notre Dame game that was on network television in the NYC market.

Twist it however you want, but those are the facts.

So basically what you're saying is that despite Rutgers athletics abysmal on the field performance in all sports, despite the continual embarrassments and missteps.......the B1G is getting what they want and it's all due to geography. I would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom