OT: Rutgers how far they've come | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers how far they've come

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know CHB, but we feel like we're a million miles away from that right now. I have to admit I feel good for the Rutties. I'm jealous, but I do feel good for them.

upload_2014-9-15_10-42-46.jpeg

;)

Reaction Score
I don't know. I never saw it. It was in the lot right next to the stadium so unless if you were in that lot you wouldn't see it as you'd never go in there to get to the stadium.

Schools have idiots fans, yours included. Penn State is an easy target, so I would reckon that there is no way that kind of stuff has only been isolated to us.

Now, on the big time atmosphere. I think you guys can get there, but it's hard. Your stadium isn't set up to look or feel big (never been there with a packed house so I don't know about sound), and being off campus certainly doesn't help. Opponents help too. You have a good OOC home schedule this year but with teams that probably won't be sending a couple thousand your way. And then you guys have to hold up your side of the bargain as fans. But for that the team has to hold up its end of the bargain as well.

Probably should think about going to a spread option offense.

Way to minimize your classless fans. Easy target or not, it just shows Rutgers fans have no problem with going way below the belt.

Go Navy!!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know CHB, but we feel like we're a million miles away from that right now. I have to admit I feel good for the Rutties. I'm jealous, but I do feel good for them.

Just stop. Sucking up to them will not get us an invite. You need to be retrained on UConn fandom. :)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have never seen a fanbase embrace being a bunch of d-bags as much as MANY Rutgers' fans seemingly do. I have no doubt that if/when PSU plays at the Rent, there will be a few knuckleheads in the stands that will yell something about Sandusky. But I have serious doubts that any UCONN fan would fly a flag of a stick figure seemingly getting oral s e x from what looks like a kid at their tailgate. And if anyone did, I have NO doubt that somebody would call over the police to have it taken down immediately. And the t-shirts?? The one picture of a Dad wearing that with his kid right there is just sickening. Again, I've seen some obscene shirts at the Rent in years past ("Duck Fuke", for example) but this is a different level of d0uchery.

Penn State is the biggest football program in the northeast and we are all trying to gain a piece of their pie. I get it. And we all hated what happened and what was covered up at PSU. But there were real victims that were abused at Penn State (as there are real victims everywhere in the world) and to make a joke of it like many Rutgers fans did on Saturday is very sad.

Reaction Score
Way to minimize your classless fans. Easy target or not, it just shows Rutgers fans have no problem with going way below the belt.

Go Navy!!

Dear lord from UCONN fans? We've had many terrible experiences with your fans, so I don't think you guys have any room to talk. It must be the northeastern thing that makes us all s.

Easiest way to move up the ladder of conference realignment is to have meaningful home games with packed houses. Yes, our geography has helped us a great deal. But great home atmospheres certainly do not hurt the perception that we were a good choice to join the B1G.

Reaction Score
Dear lord from UCONN fans? We've had many terrible experiences with your fans, so I don't think you guys have any room to talk. It must be the northeastern thing that makes us all s.

Easiest way to move up the ladder of conference realignment is to have meaningful home games with packed houses. Yes, our geography has helped us a great deal. But great home atmospheres certainly do not hurt the perception that we were a good choice to join the B1G.

Oh stop it. Great home atmosphere my arse. Geography. That's it. New York City and Washington DC. That is what the latest round of realignment was all about. Nothing else. NOTHING.

Reaction Score
If we didn't hold up our end of the bargain and prove that we can have an electric stadium with some meaningful home games each year there's probably no way we get in. Geography is #1, by far, but showing that we can have a stadium packed to brim and loud like on Saturday certainly did not hurt things.

I've followed UCONN football for a good number of years now, and besides for the Michigan game I can't recall any games where the stadium came across on TV like it was a big time atmosphere. And even then with the Michigan game it never felt like it was because of UCONN fans.

Win, win, and win. Keep scheduling good opponents. Fill up that stadium with UCONN fans. Someone will take notice.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Couple of things:

UConn fans, can we please get off our high horse with the Penn state jokes that a couple rutgers fans had? If you think our fan base wouldn't have had the same or worse you're delusional. (The Joe pa is in hell shirts are ok with me, the flag with the kid is pretty bad).

And again, does anyone remember the Michigan game??

There's nothing that Rutgers can offer that we can't match besides tv sets and recruiting territory.

My only point of contention is Rutgers fans who continually insist on other reasons for their acceptance besides the obvious.

If we were in the Big in their spot, I think I'd be so happy the last thing I'd do wouldbe on a RRutgers message board giving tips about stadium plans/atmosphere like some people on here.

Reaction Score
If we didn't hold up our end of the bargain and prove that we can have an electric stadium with some meaningful home games each year there's probably no way we get in. Geography is #1, by far, but showing that we can have a stadium packed to brim and loud like on Saturday certainly did not hurt things.

I've followed UCONN football for a good number of years now, and besides for the Michigan game I can't recall any games where the stadium came across on TV like it was a big time atmosphere. And even then with the Michigan game it never felt like it was because of UCONN fans.

Win, win, and win. Keep scheduling good opponents. Fill up that stadium with UCONN fans. Someone will take notice.
Then you didn't watch some our night games against Pitt and West Virginia or the game against Baylor which RG3, called the loudest place he ever played at during an interview years later, or Virginia.

As for your game this weekend, there were a ton of loud PSU fans there that were very loud on 3rd down when they took the lead. It is what is. Good luck, but don't make up facts about Michigan being the only game ever where the rent was rocking.

Reaction Score
How am I insisting on anything but geography?

Just saying that while it's the main factor, by a large margin, if you don't show any sort of pulse at times you're not getting in.

Reaction Score

Yeah Maryland really fills up the stadium. You guys don't fill it unless it's a huge game. We've done that in the past as well. Geography. It begins and ends with that. That is the only reason. Anything else you're suggesting is completely delusional.

Reaction Score
How am I insisting on anything but geography?

Just saying that while it's the main factor, by a large margin, if you don't show any sort of pulse at times you're not getting in.

It might be this:

Reaction Score
You mean where I said exactly what I said in the post you quoted? You're trying to use that to show that I didn't mean what I said in what you quoted?

Ok duder.

Reaction Score
You mean where I said exactly what I said in the post you quoted? You're trying to use that to show that I didn't mean what I said in what you quoted?

Ok duder.

Ummmmm. Your 2 sentences in that post contradict each other.

How am I insisting on anything but geography? SEE YOUR NEXT SENTENCE BELOW.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Cable boxes. That's what it all came down too. RU capitalized on being in the right demographic and good for them. Rutgers offers nothing more than cable boxes for the BTN to move eastward. That and Rutgers is AAU.

Reaction Score
So putting a qualifier on geography as being the #1 reason (by far, again), means that I'm insisting that other things were the reason we got in?

Look, it's pretty darn simple even for you guys:

Geography was the #1 factor, by far. Without it there's no chance of us being in the B1G.

But without showing some sort of pulse in the local market we don't get the invite.

That simple. Geography is why we're in, having big games that come across like big games on TV are why us being chosen is acceptable.

Reaction Score
You can take Rutgers out of the small time but you can't take the small time out of Rutgers

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
All programs have idiot fans....and they can't control what the fans do. What I can't believe is that they posted some of this crap on the offical Rutgers facebook page.

not uconn fans, we're perfect in every sense of the way.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Acceptable by who?

Think big ten fans are salivating over playing Rutgers football because you've had five capacity crowds in 100 years of football? I would say the same for UConn too.

I'm sure Iowa fans are thrilled to not see Ohio state as often because one game in 2006 you beat Louisville on a Thursday night.

Just be happy you're in the league and don't try and justify it for any other reason than the truth.

I happen to think Rutgers will do better than expected in the league but man it's hard to not hate you guys.

Reaction Score
BS, before this whole Joe Pa fiasco, PSU fans were just as immature

Here's a video of PSU abuse at beaver, totally classless.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jDiRPUiQZHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom