OT: Rutgers how far they've come | The Boneyard

OT: Rutgers how far they've come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look like a big time program.... Insane atmosphere and winning over Penn State during a prime time game... New rivalry... All thanks to RutgersAls relentless pursuit.

Reaction Score
Look like a big time program.... Insane atmosphere and winning over Penn State during a prime time game... New rivalry... All thanks to RutgersAls relentless pursuit.

UCONN and it's fan base are capable of the same "big time look" if it gets selected to the big time. We had a big time look vs Michigan last year.....and we beat RU last year, you know when Casey beat the weak teams.

Reaction Score
And Wethersfield' s Tyler Murphy keeping BC close against USC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao. Rutgers was born on 3rd and thought they hit a triple.

They have a good environment for their first game in the Big against a top ten historical and regional program!?!

Shocking!

Reaction Score
Nova is still their QB and they are still Rutgers. Give it time. Though it doesn't hurt to join the B1g in an obvious down year.

Reaction Score
Damn...forgot about it, was turning back and forth to Kentucky vs FL. Nice. :cool:

Reaction Score
Better they develop fast. If they are good I think that helps our chances. I hate to think it but maybe some excitement around BC would help us too.

Reaction Score
They were competitive. And they had a wonderfully great crowd ... and I'm sure my friends had fun. But, I think they are a very fickle fanbase & Program.

Reaction Score
Oh they had a big crowd for a game vs Penn State? WOW, THAT'S AWESOME

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

How dare you post any positivity about RU on a Uconn board.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
All programs have idiot fans....and they can't control what the fans do. What I can't believe is that they posted some of this crap on the offical Rutgers facebook page.

Reaction Score
JaYnCe should be here any second to defend Rutgers' honor and scold us about our behavior.

Reaction Score
All programs have idiot fans....and they can't control what the fans do. What I can't believe is that they posted some of this crap on the offical Rutgers facebook page.

You're surprised? It's Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I was there, heartbreaking loss.

But no way there were 10k PSU fans. Maybe 6k at most. For all of their talk of taking over our stands they sure didn't do it.

Now, can we get to next year and have our transfer from LSU play QB? Please?????

Reaction Score
I was there, heartbreaking loss.

But no way there were 10k PSU fans. Maybe 6k at most. For all of their talk of taking over our stands they sure didn't do it.

Now, can we get to next year and have our transfer from LSU play QB? Please?????

How could fans allow such flags fly in the tailgate area. If that happened at UConn I would have found a way to have it removed.

Unacceptable.

Reaction Score
I don't know. I never saw it. It was in the lot right next to the stadium so unless if you were in that lot you wouldn't see it as you'd never go in there to get to the stadium.

Schools have idiots fans, yours included. Penn State is an easy target, so I would reckon that there is no way that kind of stuff has only been isolated to us.

Now, on the big time atmosphere. I think you guys can get there, but it's hard. Your stadium isn't set up to look or feel big (never been there with a packed house so I don't know about sound), and being off campus certainly doesn't help. Opponents help too. You have a good OOC home schedule this year but with teams that probably won't be sending a couple thousand your way. And then you guys have to hold up your side of the bargain as fans. But for that the team has to hold up its end of the bargain as well.

Probably should think about going to a spread option offense.

Reaction Score
Rutgers hit the geographic lottery. We waxed them last year with our worst team in 15 years.

They are getting paid. But they're still Rutgers. And will continue to suck.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lmao. Rutgers was born on 3rd and thought they hit a triple.

They have a good environment for their first game in the Big against a top ten historical and regional program!?!

Shocking!
Yeah, I know CHB, but we feel like we're a million miles away from that right now. I have to admit I feel good for the Rutties. I'm jealous, but I do feel good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom