Rutgers Hate Week | The Boneyard

Rutgers Hate Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will try and limit to my vitriol to one thread, but that may be difficult.

Rutgers, this is why you suck:

-UConn has done more in a decade of FBS football than you've done in over a century
-You coined arguably the lamest motto in all of collegiate or professional sports: "keep chopping"
-Your basketball team hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in over 20 years
-You have the most subsidized athletic department in the country in a state rich with talent, yet your athletic department was ranked 111th in the country last year. The very definition of ineptitude.
-Your fans once chanted "duck you Navy". In unison.
-You've managed to go 3-12 against Paul Pasqualoni
-Your greatest achievement in program history is getting an 8.1 TV rating in 2006
-Your stadium is named after a nondescript IT company
-You have never won a Big East championship in football
-Since the Big East was founded, UConn has won 72 Big East championships across all sports. Rutgers has won 6.

Reaction Score
Hey now, didn't they win a share of the national title in 1869??

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Don't forget they were subsidizing the athletic department at the same time they were cutting academic programs (coincidence I'm sure).

After Schiano skipped town, they found out they couldn't afford Mario Cristobal, who decided to stay at FIU.

F. ... I. ... U.

The guy they promoted is the Rutgers equivalent of Hank Hughes.

Their band is so lame it might be the reason they can't get in the Big Ten, other than the whole not winning the Big East thing.

Their celeb Hollywood face of the program, James Gandolfini, who did a TV spot for the football program back in the day, is now doing ads for the UCLA extension school. But hey I hear Cisco from Deep Space Nine is free.

Their traffic sucks.

Their state's last three governors have been: 1) a morbidly obese loudmouth with national ambitions, but not ambitious enough to lose the ~100 pounds it would take to run for president, 2) a wall street "genius" who bet everything (meaning: other investors' money) on a wildly leveraged deal where he probably could have done better hitting the roulette wheel in AC 3) a gay crook who, when forced to resign, tried to pretend he was resigning because he was gay and not because he was a crook.

Jughandles.

RutgersAl.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is how I feel about Rutgers:

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpeg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ha - this guy said Santini ain't :

I love the line in the rap where they keep repeating, "We're the best in the state....ughh....we're the best in the state...." Yes, yes, congratulations, Rutgers! Congratulations for being marginally better than the Stevens Institute of Technology....well done, Rutgers!! :confused:

Reaction Score
I hate Rutgers because they view themselves as better than UConn and have absolutely nothing to base that on. No big east titles. No NCAA tourney appearances. They suck, at everything yet view themselves as "Big Time".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would hate rutgers a lot less if they would just change the name to New Jersey @ Rutgers campus or something. they sound like a private school. i think they eat at the same table as bc, cuse and wake during lunch.

Reaction Score
Random thoughts as I reflect some good ol' fashion Rutgers hate:

- just visited their rivals board to see if the band story was fact or fiction. easily the most insanely delusional, chickenhawk fan base in CFB. they have accomplished nothing of significance in a century of existence, puff out their chest for the most pedestrian achievements, make dubious claims about how popular they are despite the existence of proof to the contrary, have a fictitious fanbase who are quick to circle the fat of other programs despite RU being morbidly obese...

- fans: last year over 40% of those who made their way into the stadium did not pay for their tickets. how is this possible when they live in such a large, dense state - so close to NYC - unless they were a fraudulent laughingstock of an institution with a small fan?
- regarding their supposed NYC appeal and marketability: why if they are so marketable do they fail to generate more sports-related revenue? when Pitt and WVU were in the league, RU was right in the middle of the pack in terms of BE revenue. where are their big endorsement, media and sports marketing deals?
- football profitability: how can a conference expect to profit off of rutgers when rutgers cannot even profit off of rutgers? they are a spectacular, financial failure for like ten years running.
- ratings: if they brought CFB ratings - and given their proximity to NYC - why are they not featured by SNY? why do they have numerous games each year with no TV arrangements?
- potential: I have been hearing about their potential since college. I have been out of college for quite a while.

NJ is a shEhole with very few exceptions. It is the laughingstock and armpit of America. And Rutgers is the worst part of it. You want to really offend someone? Tell them they are so Jersey.

Scarlet Knights? They should be the Scarlet Loud-mouth Clowns - all bluster and no substance. And even less class.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
391692_10151103668667449_1083797095_n.jpg

'nuff said.

Reaction Score
The first college football game was played between Princeton and Rutgers in 1869.

Princeton went on to win 26 national championships.
Rutgers went on to win 0.

Rutgers has, quite literally, sucked for longer than any other college football program in the nation.

PT-AM951_colleg_G_20091104190244.jpg

Reaction Score
"Hey Rutgers! Everything you stand for I stand against!"

Eh, I can't really muster up anything better. I have kind of a lukewarm dislike for them, but in the spirit of creating a rivalry, I'll give it my best shot.

Rutgers fans-

'derp hey guys lol lets all get together on our awesome message board and talk about how rutgers is going to be the best in te next year. Its okay if we dont win the big east or never have because tats not rly wat college football is about its actually about gettin te recruits with lots of stars and the most number of cool guys to talk to online. LOLZ we have soo many internet fans its gr8. remember tat time when we stormed that field 7 years ago tat was so kewl everyone remembers us for that. were so relevant and the Big Ten is going to call us soon because were an AAU school and bcuz of all our internet fans hahaha were gonna be out dis stupid conference'

Repeat every college football year, except add a year to account for how long ago their magical season was.

Reaction Score
If we didn't play them in football I would probably forget that Rutgers even exists. The opposite of love isn't hate, it is indifference.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Schiano was the real reason to hate Rutgers. That whole rivals board is still wondering whose picture to now use as a signature, since the chimp left them high and dry for the NFL.

Reaction Score
The first college football game was played between Princeton and Rutgers in 1869.

Rutgers has, quite literally, sucked for longer than any other college football program in the nation.

The BY fails me @ times. No... "and GDL was on the sidelines comments"???

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Over heard at the game:

"By jove old fellow those New Brunswick fellows really suck, do they not?"
"Quite. Why they could go for 143 years and never win a championship."
"Hah, hah just so, just so."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics