OT - Rutgers football coach debacle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Rutgers football coach debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I agree, but they have to give Schiano what he wants for the program and facilities or I don't think he's going to take the job. He very well could also be waiting to see if UConn fires Edsall next week. I know alot of the UConn players and assistant coaches are.
Why? We aren't paying Schiano $4 million a year to come here.

Reaction Score
We found out threw the Rutgers search that Lance Leipold signed - last year - for $654k per annum. Up a couple hunny from the last year.

Do you jump from a Buffalo to UConn for $1.2m or so? We might not like a dip in his record as you have in 2019 ... but you can't argue with his start through these years.

We improved the roster dramatically from the last we saw Diaco. what now

Reaction Score
Why? We aren't paying Schiano $4 million a year to come here.
Schiano knows he can't get $4 million out of the UConn AD, but he does know that UConn has great facilities and great benefactors who are willing to write checks. He also knows that Benedict has a pretty good independent schedule for next year.

Reaction Score
Schiano knows he can't get $4 million out of the UConn AD, but he does know that UConn has great facilities and great benefactors who are willing to write checks. He also knows that Benedict has a pretty good independent schedule for next year.

No.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think a lot of you are missing the point on Schiano's demands. He demanded $$ investment in the program and facilities as well as the Staff salaries. He is demanding what they would need to even think about competing at all in a division with OSU, Michigan and PSU. He is rightfully staying away if the school doesn't ante up, but the ante up isn't for his own pockets.
Sort of. He was demanding that he has the final say on much of that. That wasn't (or at least shouldn't) ever going to happen.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You can't go home again. Exhibit A: Randy Edsall.
REv2 was a much harder gig that REv1. Much easier to build for the move to 1-A playing against AA teams. Plus, making the move there were very low expectations, a stronger UConn brand and brandy new facilities.

Schiano would have good recruiting territory, and a great conference brand on his side in round 2. I'm not saying it is easier, but the challenges are different.

Reaction Score
I agree, but they have to give Schiano what he wants for the program and facilities or I don't think he's going to take the job. He very well could also be waiting to see if UConn fires Edsall next week. I know alot of the UConn players and assistant coaches are.

Holy cow. Not a serious post, is it Rob?

Reaction Score

Apparently you very serious. Holy cow.

Reaction Score
Facilities, perhaps. But we have the lowest paid head coach, a guy who had to go into his own pocket to try to pay an assistant, and no money to pay the fired hoops coach (driving an odd legal battle where we had to practically ask the NCAA to level violations against us). To say we have great benefactors who write checks shows me how little people understand about real money donors in big time college athletics
I get you don’t like Edsall...many don’t. But this is a misguided argument to try to make that point.

Reaction Score

Schiano was asking for $25 mil guaranteed, private jets, and $7.7 mil for his assistant coaches. Even with Rutgers stinking up the joint, the desirability of the Rutgers and UConn football head coaching jobs are on two different planets.

Reaction Score
Schiano was asking for $25 mil guaranteed, private jets, and $7.7 mil for his assistant coaches. Even with Rutgers stinking up the joint, the desirability of the Rutgers and UConn football head coaching jobs are on two different planets.
Wow.... didn't know that. He knows he could probably get a piece of that given the money RU gets from the B1G. Private jets????

Reaction Score
Why would he possibly leave a great job in a stable conference for less pay?
Of course he wouldn’t and Schiano would not be interested as well. Daz would be a better option if let go. I believe the hiring and firing of RE is heavily influenced by major boosters.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Schiano was a solid coach and had a couple of really good years with Ray Rice at running back.

Rutgers is in a great league, but if it can't get the top players in NJ they will continue to be a 3-9, 4-8 team in the Big Ten

Reaction Score

Why would UConn deciding what to do with Edsall have anything to do with Whether or not Schiano decides to take the Rutgers job? This honestly makes zero sense to me. You think Schiano is waiting to see if UConn fires Edsall before deciding if he should take the Rutgers job? I just fell off the couch and am literally LMAO

Reaction Score
Schiano was a solid coach and had a couple of really good years with Ray Rice at running back.

Rutgers is in a great league, but if it can't get the top players in NJ they will continue to be a 3-9, 4-8 team in the Big Ten

Eh..I don’t see any reason why they cannot become a Minnesota

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
And a done deal for 8 years.. mama Mia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics