Rutgers' connection to New York City a vital piece of Big Ten puzzle | The Boneyard

Rutgers' connection to New York City a vital piece of Big Ten puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

>>There was discussion during the NCAA basketball tournament that UConn had a stronger hold in the New York market, and some argued that the Huskies were shortchanged by not earning a Big Ten invitation. Flood believes his team has the market cornered.

"It's really exciting to be New York City's Big Ten football team," Flood said. "I think we've proven over the time that we are the college football team that moves the needle in New York City. That's well-documented. I think that will only become greater with the schedule that we'll have going forward."<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The article is correct. New Jersey is a very good football recruiting ground. Getting RU to a respectable competitive level is in the B1G's best interests. Even if the NJ recruit doesn't go to Rutgers, the B1G wants that kid to go somewhere in the B1G and not the ACC or somewhere else.

What UCONN brings to the table is something different: elite basketball. UCONN basketball is already elite and doesn't need B1G (or ACC) scheduling to become respectable/competitive. UCONN basketball hits the ground running and is an instant upgrade to whatever conference it joins. Rutgers football needs some help and time (so does UCONN football, to be fair).

Just stick to the 3-5 Year Plan. We are entering Year 2. We need to worry about restoring our own program back to a competitive level and not what other programs are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom