Rutgers and Julie Hermann have surrendered on fixing the men's basketball program | The Boneyard

Rutgers and Julie Hermann have surrendered on fixing the men's basketball program

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"You can forget about having any hope for your program for the next decade."

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Act as though the second most visible athletic team, and second most important team for revenue generation in the athletic department doesn't exist. Seems like sound strategy to me. They might be on to something.

Reaction Score
Let's be real though, when did RU ever care, and why should they start caring now?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Look for NJIT to join the AAC soon!

Seriously though... I have no idea where NJIT is finding their money, but whomever is responsible for getting that cash, Susan and Warde should interview that person.

Reaction Score
It is one thing to do nothing but it is flat out shocking that she would tell their boosters that they won't be going anything about their facilities for at least 10 years. This will make alumni dig deep and donate.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What do they have to do? They have Giant's Stadium for football and where did we play Duke?
Plus their own spots.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy to think they should give Kevin Boyle a shot? It's not like it's going to get worse.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Rutgers proves that being competitive is not a factor in conference realignment.
Exactly. Won't stop people from saying "This won't help us get into the Big 10" every time we have a three-game losing streak, though.
If winning multiple national championships didn't get us in, losing to Houston won't keep us out.

Reaction Score
The BiG and ACC picked some real winners over us- wonder how happy they are now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The BiG and ACC picked some real winners over us- wonder how happy they are now.
I bet the acc is thrilled. They dismantled the big east. No more hearing of it being the best and deepest conference. They could careless how the teams do, especially for football(bc it was never about football). Hopefully the NCAA comes down really hard on Cuse with another ban and recruiting restrictions and comes down even harder on unc

Reaction Score
somebody on another site that uconn isnt part of the AAU? and even though it's not required it would help...

http://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5476

http://www.cic.net/home
The AAU is by invitation and to be fair UConn didn't come close to the level of research for getting considered. Much of that has changed with the new Jackson Labs research facilities at the UConn Medical Center. As a result, UConn will become a leader in stem cell research. All my Docs are at UConn so I've seen the incredible amount of new construction in Farmington and it continues today. Frankly in the past the mid west state universities were at a much higher academic level than UConn but we are closing the gap. That said, Nebraska isn't an AAU school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom