Rutgers 0-5 | The Boneyard

Rutgers 0-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We make fun of Rutgers now. Just be prepared because they will becoming for one of our assistant coaches. One thing they have is $$$$$$

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We make fun of Rutgers now. Just be prepared because they will becoming for one of our assistant coaches. One thing they have is $$$$$$

Say what? :eek:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't coach there for all the money in the world. Easy for me to say since I know nothing about coaching.

And I was under the impression they were hurting for money.

Reaction Score
And I was under the impression they were hurting for money.
Well with their new B1G contract they'll be raking in at least $40M/year from TV, not that anyone really wants to watch them, but that seems like a pretty good cash flow to me!

Reaction Score
After 30 point loss to 0-4 Princeton!

How did it happen? C. Vivian Stringer was perhaps the most challenging coach to Coach Geno for years. She produced some of the finest talent in the WNBA.

What happened?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Well with their new B1G contract they'll be raking in at least $40M/year from TV, not that anyone really wants to watch them, but that seems like a pretty good cash flow to me!
I thought that didn't kick in for a while? Maybe "a while" is up. I read some article where they were siphoning a lot of money to the hospital complex (around the state).

Reaction Score

Maybe eventually. But they've got lots of budget holes to plug first.

CVS is paid well though, so that salary alone would be a nice enticement .

Reaction Score
At 971, thought for sure CVS would pass 1000 wins next year. That is getting called into question,
Meanwhile Geno, just 12 games back, looks certain to move ahead of her this year.

Reaction Score
Rutgers sports have been an almost constant embarrassment to the citizens of our fair state for quite a while now...........women's basketball has been one of the rare exceptions although they too have trailed off over the past few years.........Rutgers is also one of, if not the most expensive state colleges in the country.............it's ranked as a pretty good school (New Brunswick) but not up to CT or MD standards which is surprising based on the high quality of the students applying these days..............my kid for one, has no interest in staying in state to earn her degree...........................

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When we worry about recruiting to Uconn out in cow country and where freshmen rarely start and the preference is a team game where star players sublimate their skills to team goals, and then look at the Rutgers recruiting pitch: lovely New Brunswick, NJ variously known as the black hole of the New Jersey, or the armpit of humanity, where they haven't had a team average 70+ points since Hoover was president, and the coach is hailed as a defensive genius, who has only occasionally noticed that her team is supposed to do something on the other end of the court - recruiting to Uconn doesn't look that tough!:)

Reaction Score
When we worry about recruiting to Uconn out in cow country and where freshmen rarely start and the preference is a team game where star players sublimate their skills to team goals, and then look at the Rutgers recruiting pitch: lovely New Brunswick, NJ variously known as the black hole of the New Jersey, or the armpit of humanity, where they haven't had a team average 70+ points since Hoover was president, and the coach is hailed as a defensive genius, who has only occasionally noticed that her team is supposed to do something on the other end of the court - recruiting to Uconn doesn't look that tough!:)

Hey wait a minute!!!!!.........New Brunswick has it's charms, especially when compared to the Rutgers Camden and Newark campuses.....................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom