Russell, Davis and Greenwell | The Boneyard

Russell, Davis and Greenwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just looking at these players and the schools they have listed. They all have Duke and Kentucky listed. Anyone think we may see another cluster commit, maybe to Kentucky or Duke? I would love to hear some of the conversations that go on at the trials in Colorado Springs. If all three of those players are on the same team you have to wonder if they may develop additional friendships that influence their choices.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If so, I think Kentucky. If they want PT and to be the stars, Kentucky has the better opportunity. Duke is loaded with talent currently. I can't see Russell going to Duke. She'll be behind Elizabeth Williams in my estimation.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If so, I think Kentucky. If they want PT and to be the stars, Kentucky has the better opportunity. Duke is loaded with talent currently. I can't see Russell going to Duke. She'll be behind Elizabeth Williams in my estimation.
Not necessarily - don't you think Williams could "slide" to the 4 and Russell could play the 5? it would be a bit like having Stef and Kiah on the floor together - or when Stef leaves, Kiah and Bree...

i'm not saying there wouldn't be an adjustment for Williams, but she's 2 years ahead of Mercedes and they would be a potent post tandem for 2 years. Talent wise, they are a better fit for Duke as they would have some awesome senior guards to go along with Williams, and then sophomore year, they'd still have EWill and Alexis Jones at the guard spot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not necessarily - don't you think Williams could "slide" to the 4 and Russell could play the 5? it would be a bit like having Stef and Kiah on the floor together - or when Stef leaves, Kiah and Bree...

i'm not saying there wouldn't be an adjustment for Williams, but she's 2 years ahead of Mercedes and they would be a potent post tandem for 2 years. Talent wise, they are a better fit for Duke as they would have some awesome senior guards to go along with Williams, and then sophomore year, they'd still have EWill and Alexis Jones at the guard spot.
Maybe Russell and Williams can play together, but Gray and Williams are the established stars.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I could definitely see EW as a 4 playing with Russell. Would love to see that actually....

Reaction Score
I believe Williams stated right after signing that she wouldn't object to playing the 4. That would be a heck of a tandem for two years.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Williams does not yet have the range to play the four on offense. When Vernerey and Williams play together, Vernerey is mostly there as a defender in the top of the zone and is not a viable scoring option. Williams is still down on the low block.

Plus, Amber Henson redshirted. She is 6-4 and a power forward.

Now, Williams may develop the range this year and slide over to the four if Russell were to commit. Only time will tell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Williams does not yet have the range to play the four on offense. When Vernerey and Williams play together, Vernerey is mostly there as a defender in the top of the zone and is not a viable scoring option. Williams is still down on the low block.

Plus, Amber Henson redshirted. She is 6-4 and a power forward.

Now, Williams may develop the range this year and slide over to the four if Russell were to commit. Only time will tell.
Thanks. I didn't see EW as having the shooting range (yet). If she devleops a reliable 12-15' shot, look out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom