Rush | The Boneyard

Rush

Reaction Score
I knew nothing about this movie except for Ron Howard is the director and it had kind of a lame title, well I just finished it and was blown away. I think it just became one of my favorite sports movies ever and Daniel Bruhl was amazing as Niki Lauda. This movie didn't get nearly enough marketing and or was marketed poorly.

Reaction Score
or just that a F1 movie in the US is going to have a limited audience.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty good too. i would have liked more Olivia Wilde, but it was still a good film.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Needed more bo obs and less Thor.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I opened this thread just to write that Geddy Lee has among the worst voices ever on a rock record.

Reaction Score
I knew nothing about this movie except for Ron Howard is the director and it had kind of a lame title, well I just finished it and was blown away. I think it just became one of my favorite sports movies ever and Daniel Bruhl was amazing as Niki Lauda. This movie didn't get nearly enough marketing and or was marketed poorly.

It was marketed pretty well. Problem is that that the story is pretty unfamiliar even if it was about probably one of the best seasons ever in any sport. From what I understand, Ron Howard wasn't even an F1 fan when he opted to make it. As far as racing movies go, it's in second place behind Le Mans, and ahead of Grand Prix (which is still pretty damn good).

The script is pretty damn good and covers a great deal of ground, not just the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda, but the politics and danger of F1 at the time as well as the ride buying.

Ricky Bobby doesn't count, and Driven and Days of Thunder are too stupid to remember.

Reaction Score
or just that a F1 movie in the US is going to have a limited audience.

Judging by the popularity of the Senna Documentary, that statement is false. With pretty minimal marketing, that movie sold well on DVD, Blu Ray and download on word of mouth.

Reaction Score
Senna sold well for a documentary not on a Ron Howard feature level. Rush was good, saw it in a theater all by myself

I am a F1 fan and watch most races, but there are not many of us in the US.

Reaction Score
Senna sold well for a documentary not on a Ron Howard feature level. Rush was good, saw it in a theater all by myself

I am a F1 fan and watch most races, but there are not many of us in the US.

I just remember seeing tons of adverts for Rush. Had a star studded cast. Honestly, I think some sports movies start with a strike against them. It's a tough obstacle to overcome, and the foreign subject matter.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the studios just blow it sometimes in marketing a movie. Jack the Giant Slayer is another recent flop that was not a bad movie and should have done better at the box office.

Shawshank Redemption is the prototype for a good movie that was horribly marketed and ended up flopping at the Box Office.

Reaction Score
I think the studios just blow it sometimes in marketing a movie. Jack the Giant Slayer is another recent flop that was not a bad movie and should have done better at the box office.

Shawshank Redemption is the prototype for a good movie that was horribly marketed and ended up flopping at the Box Office.

I thought that Jack the Giant Slayer was a bad movie.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought that Jack the Giant Slayer was a bad movie.

It was a popcorn flick, but compared to the Avengers or Transformers franchises, which I think are terrible, Jack the Giant Slayer was not bad.

Reaction Score
very good movie, watched it last night. How good? I'm going to rewatch it tonight.

Reaction Score
very good movie, watched it last night. How good? I'm going to rewatch it tonight.

If you haven't seen it, check out the documentary "Senna". Another great story.

I wish Motorsport could get back to the day when it had a competition that people actually cared about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom