Rupp's Rafters | The Boneyard

Rupp's Rafters

Reaction Score
I just cruised over to the UK forum and guess what?

There were some who called out his character, some who said he'd never make it in the NBA anyway, some who said we got lucky the past 2 years.

But....

There were a good number of posters who said he made the right move and that he's a great coach and we'll have a kick ass team.

I've always thought UK fans were very knowledgeable and have always enjoyed talking hoops with them. We need them to be great to keep college basketball an engaging product and I think Pope is the guy to keep that tradition going.

Looks like the Lakers fans are the ones who are gonna take this angst to the grave. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Why go over there Jay. If you're swimming in a crystal clear lake do you really want to look at the desert?
Man, I had to peek and they have a nice lake too. It's no Diana's pool but it was refreshing to take a dip.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All fan bases have knowledgeable fans (and those who have experienced success tend to have more of these) and all fan bases have moronic parts of their fan base (and again, those who have experienced success tend to have more of these).

As Kentucky has an exceptionally large fan base, it stands to reason that they will have more fans who are knowledgeable than most other fan bases but also more fans who are morons than other fan bases.

Reaction Score
Who Cares GIF by Judge Judy

Reaction Score
All fan bases have knowledgeable fans (and those who have experienced success tend to have more of these) and all fan bases have moronic parts of their fan base (and again, those who have experienced success tend to have more of these).

As Kentucky has an exceptionally large fan base, it stands to reason that they will have more fans who are knowledgeable than most other fan bases but also more fans who are morons than other fan bases.
It’s almost like we are all the EXACT same :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
UConn grad (MPA, 1995) and Kentucky grad (PhD, 2009). UConn my firsr love and my loyalty to. Anyway, Kentucky fans do know basketball, no question about it. They did live the Hurley NBA saga with Pitino circa 1996. So this is not new for them. The outcome yes, because Rick left for the Celtics.

As far as I am concerned, thank you Dan Hurley. If you leave for the NBA in a few years, no hard feelings. Forever grateful. As a international student from Mexico, in 1995 had to decide whether to attend UConn or UK. Besides the academic criteria, I wanted an American university that was a powerhouse basketball program or an up and coming. Chose UConn. Do you guys think I regret it?

Best from Isla Mujeres, México. Love my Huskies

Reaction Score
UConn grad (MPA, 1995) and Kentucky grad (PhD, 2009). UConn my firsr love and my loyalty to. Anyway, Kentucky fans do know basketball, no question about it. They did live the Hurley NBA saga with Pitino circa 1996. So this is not new for them. The outcome yes, because Rick left for the Celtics.

As far as I am concerned, thank you Dan Hurley. If you leave for the NBA in a few years, no hard feelings. Forever grateful. As a international student from Mexico, in 1995 had to decide whether to attend UConn or UK. Besides the academic criteria, I wanted an American university that was a powerhouse basketball program or an up and coming. Chose UConn. Do you guys think I regret it?

Best from Isla Mujeres, México. Love my Huskies
Great perspective. Glad you chose uconn. A great pick

Reaction Score
Obviously most fan forums will be biased towards their team......at the expense of discrediting other teams, but after scanning Rupp Rafters a bit, they're definitely at another level.

Synopsis:
  • Hurley is a loser/crazy for not taking the Lakers position.
  • Andrea makes all the decisions.
  • We have had the greatest of luck in our championships.
  • We will get our comeuppance the next couple of years as our back to back championships were an aberration.
  • Hurley will regress back to an average coach.

Cant we just all get along :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is from the Rutgers board this morning. Those guys are sharp.

Today at 9:25 AM #131
Wanted to throw out an optimistic thought.
Hurley leaves.
UCONN players can immediately enter portal.
We still have a spot open for a center.
Clingan would be a tremendous fit on this team.
Most other teams are filled up on roster spots.
I'm guessing Rutgers has an early pick in the upcoming NBA draft. If it's a top five they have a legitimate shot at landing DC.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score

Hurley leaves.
Sharp is an understatement

Reaction Score

Hurley leaves.
Sterling Gibbs would look good in Scarlet. Go get him!

Reaction Score

This may be true EXCEPT FOR the Inside Carolina (UNC) board. Biggest group of morons and cretins on the planet earth. It's hard to know how many "fans" on that board actually went to UNC, allegedly one of the best public universities in the country (a "public Ivy", as they like to say), but if they did go to Carolina, I've lost ALL respect for that institution. It's actually entertaining, at times, to peruse that board (especially after a UNC loss) to see how stupid they can be and how quickly they throw their players and coaches under the bus for all of their failings. And they have a psychotic hatred of Duke (or "Dook", as they like to spell it, as if that is a huge insult to Duke), mostly because none of them could ever get into Duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom