Running Back Position Up For Grabs As UConn Begins Training Camp (Courant) | The Boneyard

Running Back Position Up For Grabs As UConn Begins Training Camp (Courant)

Reaction Score
Running Back Position Up For Grabs As UConn Begins Training Camp

>>Every running back on the Huskies’ roster has notable strengths and weaknesses. Scott admits he has to improve his blocking. Hopkins knows he has to learn to extend plays so his value goes beyond short-yardage situations. And Mensah says he has room to improve when it comes to his patience and vision.

Scott said in the end, the starting running back job could simply fall to the player who knows the playbook best. “Right now, we’re all really good athletes at running back, so it’s mainly just who can we trust the most, who’s going to know everything without any confusion,” Scott said. “That’s what I think will determine who starts and who doesn’t.”<<

>>In a fast-paced offense such as the one UConn plans to run, Richardson pointed out, it’s essential to have multiple options ready to play.

“I’m a firm believer that all the guys that you have available for you, they must be game-ready,” Richardson said. “If you put all your eggs in one basket with one guy, when he’s out or something happens to him, then what do you have? You have that one guy who emerges as the starter, but everybody has to be on that same page.”<<

Reaction Score
Mensah has to learn how to finish his runs by delivering the hit rather than taking it. Many of his runs end with Mensah receiving a big blow that knocks him off the field. He has to improve this area of his game.

Reaction Score
I just hope Dunn can find a way to maximize the abilities of the running backs. The misuse of Newsome last year was something Lashlee didn't take enough flak for.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not too long ago we started the fall campaign with this:

Reaction Score
Not too long ago we started the fall campaign with this:

Wow, that must have really been inspiring for the two quarterbacks to be publicly dissected that way. No wonder they were able to win so many games.

Reaction Score
I forgot the whole pecking order:
Key starter
Starter
Key sub
Sub
Club member?

That was actually the point where I began to lose confidence in Whacky Bob.

I'm getting a gear reduction starter for one of my cars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom