Rumors are that Boise St. is getting cold feet. | The Boneyard

Rumors are that Boise St. is getting cold feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
LINK

I hadn't heard that supposedly the B1G was coveting G. Tech and NC. I imagine it's only a matter of time before UConn and Cincinnati are in the ACC.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
LINK

I hadn't heard that supposedly the B1G was coveting G. Tech and NC. I imagine it's only a matter of time before UConn and Cincinnati are in the ACC.
I think that is a matter of time. However, by then the ACC maybe sufficiently weak that it will be rather like the Big East in its hey day. Most troubling is that it will likely be the first one out if the BCS reorganizes itself around the four 16 team conferences of Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and PAC 12.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think that is a matter of time. However, by then the ACC maybe sufficiently weak that it will be rather like the Big East in its hey day. Most troubling is that it will likely be the first one out if the BCS reorganizes itself around the four 16 team conferences of Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and PAC 12.

You may be correct, Icebear, but geography may favor the ACC. If the PAC 12 goes to 16, seems they would raid the Big 12 (Texas and allies). Texas is the only thing holding the Big12 together right now, and any PAC 12 expansion plans would have Texas as its focus. The SEC or B1G could also raid the Big 12 (AAU members Kansas and Iowa St. may appeal to the B1G), leaving the ACC mostly intact. It could go the other way of course, with the ACC teams getting plucked by the B1G (Pittsburgh, G. Tech, Virginia, NC) and SEC (Miami, V. Tech, Fla St., Clemson). But how would the Big 12 expand? Despite being good at football, Boise St. does not bring any markets to the table. Maybe they reach for Florida St. or Clemson. So many possiblities. So many alliances. So much duplicity. It's like one of those reality shows.

Reaction Score
Here's an idea I haven't heard floated. How about if the PAC12 expands to 24 teams, recruits 12 Atlantic Coast teams (UConn, Cincinnati, V. Tech, Clemson, Fla. State, Miami, and six others), forms two 12 team divisions (east coast and west coast). Then they can have two division title games followed by a league championship game. That would make them the big boys on the block and get those big bucks that everyone covets.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You may be right as well but I just don't see it playing out that way. Time will tell.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Never mind the cold feet. Let'em get frostbite for all I care.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Of course they have cold feet. The temp is 32 degrees F. in Boise tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom