Rumors Are Like Rear Ends | The Boneyard

Rumors Are Like Rear Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Everyone has one. Here's mine, rumor that is. My friend knows a guy who is buddies with a guy who has inside poop on Ohio State sports. He said that UConn is in "active negotiations" to join the Big 10. This could be BS, but it's not my BS I'm just passing it on.

Reaction Score
Everyone has one. Here's mine, rumor that is. My friend knows a guy who is buddies with a guy who has inside poop on Ohio State sports. He said that UConn is in "active negotiations" to join the Big 10. This could be BS, but it's not my BS I'm just passing it on.
I also heard this rumor. Now if we can just get a blogger to tweet this it will become official.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Other than Penn ST. I think it's a great fit for us. All large athletic budgets, state universities and big research schools. If one of the goals of a school is to be with like schools (Ivies for academic, SEC for low academics - (had to inject a personal opinion there) then the Big 10 is our best fit. Can you imagine playing Ohio State and Wisconsin? We'd start like the BE bball probably losing a lot of games but like basketball, in time could be awesome.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Interesting. The B1G makes it worthwhile for ND to join them by adding UConn (and maybe another 1 or 2) quality Eastern schools, diminishing probably the only "quality" conference (BE) that ND could play their non-FB sports in. The B1G - who has been very quiet in all of these shenanigans - makes an immediate jump to 14 or 16 while securing the best position in the Northeastern markets (which ND would love) and has a nice geographic footprint to boot.

OR

B1G forgoes ND (or ND remains independent). My dream scenario is B1G goes to 16 by inviting UConn, Rutty, MD and VA. Secures the markets from New England to the Beltway. Some nice end of season rivalry games there also.

Reaction Score
Lol the best part about this thread is that the two posters above me believed this was an actual rumor...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sometimes i see one that i want to boink.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lol the best part about this thread is that the two posters above me believed this was an actual rumor...

For the record, this is an actual rumor. Albeit a 4th-hand rumor. I didn't just make it up for a goof.

Reaction Score

Can your friend differentiate between "active negotiations" and "#beggingharder"?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My sources say that UConn has offered to let the Big Whatever put it in their ass - but just the tip.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can your friend differentiate between "active negotiations" and "#beggingharder"?

You mean my friend's friend's friend. And I couldn't tell you, I never met the man.

Reaction Score
My sources say that UConn has offered to let the Big Whatever put it in their ass - but just the tip.
My source did say there would be the courtesy of a reach-around involved, but not certain if there would be a kiss.

Reaction Score
Is that what's up with that guy in your avatar? He looks a bit distressed . . .

Reaction Score

I started this rumor....

Reaction Score
Not surprising if true. There are several Big 10 and former Big 10 bigshots with ties to UCONN, and with Herbst being very tight lipped lately I was sure something was going on. Unfortunately if UCONN leaves for the Big 10 the Big East will cease to exist as we now know it.

GG

Reaction Score
Not surprising if true. There are several Big 10 and former Big 10 bigshots with ties to UCONN, and with Herbst being very tight lipped lately I was sure something was going on. Unfortunately if UCONN leaves for the Big 10 the Big East will cease to exist as we now know it.
I know Phillip Austin is at Illinois. But which former big 10 bigshots have ties to uconn?

Reaction Score
Michael Hogan is the former UConn president who is now currently the Illinois president.

However, my sources indicate top level admins at UConn are cool to the Big 10. UConn is a much, much smaller school than Big 10 schools Wisc, Penn State, Illinois, Mich State, Minn, Indiana, Purdue, et al. The typical Big 10 school has double the enrollment of UConn. Only school smaller is Northwestern.

Reaction Score
Michael Hogan is the former UConn president who is now currently the Illinois president.</p>
<p><br></p>
<p>However, my sources indicate top level admins at UConn are cool to the Big 10. UConn is a much, much smaller school than Big 10 schools Wisc, Penn State, Illinois, Mich State, Minn, Indiana, Purdue, et al. The typical Big 10 school has double the enrollment of UConn. Only school smaller is Northwestern.

While the smaller enrollment of UConn would be a handicap for competing in certain areas with B1G schools, such as attendance numbers, alumni giving, etc., I feel that joining the CIC and all the benefits that provides in terms of research money would make it difficult for any school to turn down the B1G, unless one is Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I know Phillip Austin is at Illinois. But which former big 10 bigshots have ties to uconn?
On top of the ones already mentioned, Rick Taylor former AD at Northwestern and Kirk Ferentz highly respected head football coach at Iowa, and one or two others I'm forgeting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom