Rumor: Walker Wants to play for Geno | The Boneyard

Rumor: Walker Wants to play for Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, combine her and AEH, and the 2017 recruiting class would be off to a rip-roaring and fantastically early start!

In other words, please, please, please let this be true...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stanford-bound Wilson looks just like her Super Bowl QB brother.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Via: John A:

John Altavilla
@jaltavilla

I preface this with "Who knows?" But...strong vibes Megan Walker, the No. 1 player in Class of 2017 (HS sophomore) wants to play for Geno .

Something to contemplate before the next game.

hands.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, combine her and AEH, and the 2017 recruiting class would be off to a rip-roaring and fantastically early start!

In other words, please, please, please let this be true...
Two offensive dynamos and great shooters. I like!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To paraphrase - Yes please, can I have some more - shooting guards!!!!!!!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That means he can't retire until 2021?
I'm hoping he goes till he gets 20 NC's!!

Getting back to Megan - some of us worried that Hunter apparently got a scholly offer but none for Walker. I THINK it was the first time Megan was on campus, while AEH has been her several times and seen a bunch of UCONN games. I'm hoping that if MW really IS that interested that she comes up sooner rather than later, gets an offer, and verbals.

I've maintained for a while now that she has the potential to be Maya, Dee and Breanna good. She would be a spectacular pickup...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This vibe is extra nice. She can either choose to play for a conference championship in front of 1200 "fans". Or she can become part of the most amazing program in the history of WCBB, become her best player, and play for national championships in front of 10,000+ fans. And don't forget the guy who leads the "UConn" yell. He'll be there too. Bless him!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Could it be ...that Geno is now playing/trolling into their ranks and it is starting to be: "Let's get on the bus before it fills up." Witness last spring's cascade of premier recruits.

I have especially wondered about this as regards Ms. McCoy.

Reaction Score
Megan will be a good fit at the 3 along side of AEH playing the 2. Two good shooters and slashers. But the best part is Dangerfield who also can light it up behind the arc and get in the lane than kick it out to open players.Don't forget LouConn Collier Boykins will be Jr's. Man this team will be fun to watch

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Someone asked if getting Hunter put us at risk for landing Walker. My thought at the time was "if you are the #1 player in the class, you play for who you want because being a starter and earning PT will never be an issue"...

I think the jury's still out on how good Hunter can be, but she's more a 2 anyway. Dangerfield, Hunter and Walker would be a phenomenal core at the 1,2 and 3 spots!!

Depending on how Geno wants to play it, Walker could in theory come off the bench till her junior year. Ahead of her would be Kiah, Napheesa and KLS. It's hard to imagine her starting over KLS or Napheesa, the 2 players who I believe play the most similar position. Still, Geno could put them all on the court together and go crazy!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the Uconn staff with the USA team commitment have made a concerted effort to be more aggressive during the times when Geno does not have that commitment. The spring flurry last year I am pretty sure had at least something to do with the fall WC commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if some of this urgency has been expressed to at least some of the recruits - not as a hurry up, but just to explain the reality of Geno's schedule.
The actual timing of commitments I think is more random, though offers may be getting made a little earlier. After the Gemelos disaster I think they were a little gun shy of early commits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Depending on how Geno wants to play it, Walker could in theory come off the bench till her junior year. Ahead of her would be Kiah, Napheesa and KLS. It's hard to imagine her starting over KLS or Napheesa, the 2 players who I believe play the most similar position. Still, Geno could put them all on the court together and go crazy!

Assuming they get Walker, they could just player her along side those players. I don't think position labels would mean much with that group. And Samuelson has shown she can bring the ball up the floor in a guard fashion. The ultimate scenario would be to get Cox too. Then you'd probably have a Danger/Nurse/Cox/KLS/Collier lineup in '17 and a Danger/Walker/Cox/KLS/Collier lineup in '18.

Reaction Score
Assuming they get Walker, they could just player her along side those players. I don't think position labels would mean much with that group. And Samuelson has shown she can bring the ball up the floor in a guard fashion. The ultimate scenario would be to get Cox too. Then you'd probably have a Danger/Nurse/Cox/KLS/Collier lineup in '17 and a Danger/Walker/Cox/KLS/Collier lineup in '18.
Did you write off the center player Butler off for 2017? you don't think she is good enough?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Did you write off the center player Butler off for 2017? you don't think she is good enough?

I haven't seen her play, and while I do have pretty high hopes for her, I believe Lauren Cox is special. So in this scenario I think Cox starts by her sophomore year. It's an issue I hope Geno has to figure out.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I haven't seen her play, and while I do have pretty high hopes for her, I believe Lauren Cox is special. So in this scenario I think Cox starts by her sophomore year. It's an issue I hope Geno has to figure out.

Was I in the bathroom when Lauren Cox committed to UConn? And how does Jenkins get brushed aside in the line up?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was I in the bathroom when Lauren Cox committed to UConn? And how does Jenkins get brushed aside in the line up?

I said in my post above that the ultimate scenario is to get Cox as well as Walker since we were already speculating on the chances of Walker coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
Tuck will be gone Cox sophomore year. I'm with Rocky how can you forget about Boykins an experience Gabby williams and Ekmark. Butler was big east freshman of the year and averaged a double double and you haven't even seen Cox play a game yet in college and she starts over all these players that been and know UConn system better than she would??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't forget about Tucker.

Shame on me! Though, in my defense, I believe only one of the two, Tucker or Jenkins will break through to the starting line up and the one who does not will be Geno's spark off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom