Not open for further replies.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I found this all on mgoblog.com

From orangebloods.com
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1283801

Money Shot.

If Notre Dame does make such a move, it is being proposed that the Irish would remain independent in football but begin playing up to six football games against Big 12 competition.

Orangebloods.com has reported that Texas would love to replace Texas A&M on Thanksgiving with Notre Dame, if possible. That still may be a bit of a longshot.

One high-ranking official at a Big 12 school holds out the hope that if Notre Dame moves its non-football sports into the Big 12 it would be a "segue to full conference membership in a year or two - about the time the first tier TV rights (held by ABC/ESPN) are negotiated."
This could be UM's out from playing ND so they can schedule someone non-conference variety(SEC). G'Ape approves this due to UT's/ND's ego's and eventual "dick measuring contest between the two" and Bo's famous quote.

ND's Schedule?

Keep: Purdue, USC, MSU, Army, Navy, Pitt/Stanford.
New: Texas and five Big XII (WVU?).

F

fortebleedsblue

Its been a long time since I've been on campus. Is Memorial Stadium still there or has the new BBall facility taken it over? If it's still there it might be best to save money and leave it be for Uconn's 2014 and on football schedules since I'm not sure Bball will need those new facilities either for a watered down league once Calhoun is gone.

Reaction Score
How does ND move "all" their sports when the big 12 doesn't have men's soccer or lacrosse - two sports which ND is nationally ranked?

Reaction Score
I found this all on mgoblog.com

From orangebloods.com
http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1283801

Money Shot.

If Notre Dame does make such a move, it is being proposed that the Irish would remain independent in football but begin playing up to six football games against Big 12 competition.

Orangebloods.com has reported that Texas would love to replace Texas A&M on Thanksgiving with Notre Dame, if possible. That still may be a bit of a longshot.

One high-ranking official at a Big 12 school holds out the hope that if Notre Dame moves its non-football sports into the Big 12 it would be a "segue to full conference membership in a year or two - about the time the first tier TV rights (held by ABC/ESPN) are negotiated."
This could be UM's out from playing ND so they can schedule someone non-conference variety(SEC). G'Ape approves this due to UT's/ND's ego's and eventual "dick measuring contest between the two" and Bo's famous quote.

ND's Schedule?

Keep: Purdue, USC, MSU, Army, Navy, Pitt/Stanford.
New: Texas and five Big XII (WVU?).
There are plenty of rumors around but I'm not buying this one. It is hard to believe that any BCS conference would take ND without football and the Big 12 isn't a good match for ND for the reasons others have posted. ND already tried this with the BE and it didn't work for the members.

Reaction Score
This is silly. Big 12 doesn't play ND's panoply of olympic sports. It is no refuge for the Irish. I am sure Brey and others would love a conference schedule that include two games a year against KSU, Baylor, ISU and TCU. Football may drive the bus but everything else cannot be totally ignored.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Big 12 is a stalking horse for ND to cut a better deal with the Big 10 or ACC.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Big 12 is a stalking horse for ND to cut a better deal with the Big 10 or ACC.

This is 100% correct.

This conference realignment stuff must be getting to me...I have been agreeing with some of Nelson's posts lately! This better end soon, or else I may be living in a room with a padded wall!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom