Rumor: Mo Jeff threatens to sit out | The Boneyard

Rumor: Mo Jeff threatens to sit out

Reaction Score
Did some further digging. She was involved in the leaked potential trade to Dallas for Cambage, has now come out and said she is going to sit out to “rest.” Unsure if she is planning on being out this summer or if it’s to express dislike of the trade, but...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She is reported to have not played in the final game of her Turkish team Galatasaray , so maybe there is an injury component to this. We're with you Mo.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, Vegas picked Young #1 and Laimbeer reportedly wants to play her at point guard.

One way to look at that is a contingency plan in case Jefferson continues to have injury problems. Another way to look at that is simply they are moving on from her all together. Now her name is floating in trade rumnors.

I wouldn't blame her for sitting out to get healthy. I also wouldn't blame her if she is unhappy with her situation in Vegas.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Dallas wants to meet with MoJeff to see if she will play if she is traded to the Wings.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Dallas wants to meet with MoJeff to see if she will play if she is traded to the Wings.

Cambage really didn't have much of a choice. If LA had no interest in her, Las Vegas would be the next best destination. Please realize and understand that Las Vegas is not LA, and LA is not Las Vegas. She could do a lot worst than Las Vegas. If you're young, like to party and enjoy the night life, Vegas is the place to be. There are some very very nice homes, apartments and condos in metropolitan LV. You wouldn't have to twist my arm to go there. :)

I love Las Vegas!!! We attend the NBA summer league games in July every year. I also plan on attending several Aces games. I went to 3 last year, and got to sit "court side" (I know somebody) for a game vs the Sparks. Everyone should sit court side at least once in their life. It's almost like being "in" the game.

Nneka O. inbounded a ball only 3 feet from where I was sitting. You can hear ALL the chatter between the players and coaches. I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend for my oldest granddaughter's graduation from UNLV. Yeah!!! :D

Dallas is only 18 miles from Jefferson's home in Glen Heights Texas. You would think she'd love to go home and play in front of family and friends for the "hometown" team. It appears that she does not want to leave Las Vegas, so what does that tell you? Either she likes the Aces and wants to stay there, or she doesn't like the wings and does not wish to play with/for them. :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love Las Vegas!!! We attend the NBA summer league games in July every year. I also plan on attending several Aces games. I went to 3 last year. I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend for my oldest granddaughter's college graduation from UNLV. Yeah!!! :D

My daughter is going to the combine in Vegas. Was hoping the Aces would be there, but they are on the road that week. We will be attending the NBA summer league.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It makes sense to me that Cambage would go to LV. Great environment and fan base being generated and Bill is an excellent coach of post players. Its a shame that Mo basically lost a starting job due to nagging injuries. I think she can get good minutes in Dallas and as much as it hurts so say, Arike looks to be a good addition but perhaps she just is not physically able to handle Europe and the WNBA and will only play internationally?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
She is reported to have not played in the final game of her Turkish team Galatasaray , so maybe there is an injury component to this. We're with you Mo.
She didn't play in that game...her team lost to the eventual champion, a team that features Kiah Stokes and Bria Hartley. Stokes played really well, btw, in the championship clincher.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Cambage really didn't have much of a choice. If LA had no interest in her, Las Vegas would be the next best destination. Please realize and understand that Las Vegas is not LA, and LA is not Las Vegas. She could do a lot worst than Las Vegas. If you're young, like to party and enjoy the night life, Vegas is the place to be. There are some very very nice homes, apartments and condos in metropolitan LV. You wouldn't have to twist my arm to go there. :)

I love Las Vegas!!! We attend the NBA summer league games in July every year. I also plan on attending several Aces games. I went to 3 last year, and got to sit "court side" (I know somebody) for a game vs the Sparks. Everyone should sit court side at least once in their life. It's almost like being "in" the game.

Nneka O. inbounded a ball only 3 feet from where I was sitting. You can hear ALL the chatter between the players and coaches. I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend for my oldest granddaughter's graduation from UNLV. Yeah!!! :D

Dallas is only 18 miles from Jefferson's home in Glen Heights Texas. You would think she'd love to go home and play for the "hometown" team. It appears that she does not want to leave Las Vegas, so what does that tell you? Either she likes the Aces and wants to stay there, or she doesn't like the wings and does not wish to play with/for them. :confused:
Her taxes would be a lot less in Vegas vs LA, as well as her cost of living. Hope your granddaughter liked it while in Vegas, may I ask what she majored in?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Her taxes would be a lot less in Vegas vs LA, as well as her cost of living. Hope your granddaughter liked it while in Vegas, may I ask what she majored in?

That's right, no state income tax in Nevada. She loved it!!! ;) Sociology

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope this works out for Mo and the Aces. It must seem like she has been forgotten over the last year. Two years ago she was clearly the starter and Plum looked like a bust. Last year Mo recovering from her injury was a shadow of herself, and Plum made a remarkable leap to become a decent starter with the new coach. This year talking about J Young as a point guard and some other moves made it look rightly or wrongly like Mo was not in this year's plans. Perhaps that was because Laimbeer thought the odds of a Cambage deal were good and if so, Mo was probably the most logical piece to sent in the other direction since the Aces had two starter level point guards and the Wings needed one. I think Jefferson in Dallas (close to home) can be good for both sides, but of course I don't know her current health situation. Regardless I think the Aces could have handled this with more respect for Mo, and it should be remembered that while she was in the Vegas area during her recovery I believe she represented the Aces in the community very well while so many of her teammates were playing abroad. Hopefully any bitterness between all the parties can be resolved with a solution that is good for all the principles.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That's right, no state income tax in Nevada. She loved it!!! ;) Sociology
Great to hear, enjoy your stay here in Vegas, take in a show or two while your here. If you don't like shows go to Red Rock National Park or Mt. Charleston, but avoid Lake Mead too crowded and a lot of drunks on the water.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom