Reaction Score
coach-klein.jpg

"Coach Diaco thought he was smart to steal my playbook. The joke's on him."
"Now if Bobby Boucher has any eligibility left, we'll be cooking."

Reaction Score
coach-klein.jpg

"Coach Diaco thought he was smart to steal my playbook. The joke's on him."
"Now if Bobby Boucher has any eligibility left, we'll be cooking."
Well, you got me to click on the thread. I just wish their was a hopeful rumor out there.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Damn, I was really excited when I saw this thread.

Reaction Score
Well Randy Edsall is basically a glorified video coordinator fr the Chicago Bears - maybe he'd be appreciative of a second go around. One thing I will guarantee is when it's 4th and 19 we will not fake a field goal.

Reaction Score
The minute Diaco pulls that again (fake FG crap) in 2017 hand him his $3.4 mil check and walking papers. Looks like we got no choice.
He talks plenty of talk. many promises made so far but the only thing coming out of those promises are stink farts.

Reaction Score
Well Randy Edsall is basically a glorified video coordinator fr the Chicago Bears - maybe he'd be appreciative of a second go around. One thing I will guarantee is when it's 4th and 19 we will not fake a field goal.
Wrong...it's the Detroit Lions

Reaction Score
God that sentence is absolutely soul-deadening.

I'm not sure the program can survive another season like this.
I do not disagree with you and he has not been very good but I always think a coach should get 4 years to turn things around.

Reaction Score
I will say it again. If you cannot afford to fire the coach, then you cannot afford to play at this level.

At this level, there is never a need to give someone a $5M buyout.

Both points well taken and understood ... Having said that it should also be understood that much of what was handed out to Diaco and his assistants was done by Wharde & followed by the present administration to show the powers that be we could compete to get to the next level.

Sad to say we lost under paid coaches that helped in the climbing of the D1 ladder at the expense of some over paid taking us down. Randy's biggest problem was with Hathaway & UConn being the lowest paid team in The Big East. He made this point publicly along with others that did not like Jeff.
Things got bumped up a bit for the PP / George fiasco....

Sad to say now we have an over paid staff with a wacky control freak of a leader that renders their knowledge useless. This is sad in several directions as many of his staff bought in as we did. We spend money on seasons tickets and get disappointed, several of them left comfortable jobs and moved family's buying into the BD hype.
We can only hope for a strike of Jim / Geno lightning next....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I do not disagree with you and he has not been very good but I always think a coach should get 4 years to turn things around.

Unless the coach in question proves to a completely clueless nutjob psycho, who is unable to distinguish fantasy from reality. Young men shouldn't be exposed to such a person when he's detrimental to their development as players and people.

Reaction Score
There is nothing Diaco can do to fix this mess in one year after 3 years of getting it wrong. It will be a dead year and a dead program. The cost of such a decision will be absolutely devastating.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I hear you, that time frame makes sense in terms of getting your players and your system in place, but I also think that extraordinarily poor performance can justify a termination after 3 years. Both Pasqualoni and Diaco seem to have met that standard.

Reaction Score
Unless the coach in question proves to a completely clueless nutjob psycho, who is unable to distinguish fantasy from reality. Young men shouldn't be exposed to such a person when he's detrimental to their development as players and people.
He's definitely no detrimental to the kids' development as people , but as players you could agree with right now. We look unprepared as a FBS football program under him once the lights come on.
It's unfair to us fans more than anything though.
The $5 mil we hold on to to keep him around will hurt more so from our lack of support. How can fans justify supporting winning off the field only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom