Rumor: Golden State trying to talk Ray into playing | The Boneyard

Rumor: Golden State trying to talk Ray into playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy ain't Woj, but he ain't nobody, either:

Only thing GSW were missing last year was a UConn alum. If Ray unretires to teach those Splash Bros what a truly clutch shooter does in the playoffs, I'll root for them to go 82-0.

Amusing subplot: Ray & LeBron are supposedly still tight. Would the Cavs be able to swoop in at the last minute here?

Reaction Score
And Hershel Walker still thinks he can play in the NFL. This is really silly.

Reaction Score
Won't happen. How many shooters do you need ? Ray would be the 4th option at best and with limited court time. Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Ray has been beat up for years. I've read he is in great shape and if so, the rest may have actually done him some good. Being two years older is probably better than being hurt in terms of being able to play.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Ray fan, but if he was going to come back he would have done it last year. He can probably still play 10 min a game and be serviceable, but why would he?

Reaction Score
This guy ain't Woj, but he ain't nobody, either:

Only thing GSW were missing last year was a UConn alum. If Ray unretires to teach those Splash Bros what a truly clutch shooter does in the playoffs, I'll root for them to go 82-0.

Amusing subplot: Ray & LeBron are supposedly still tight. Would the Cavs be able to swoop in at the last minute here?

He hasn't officially retired.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd agree but I think Ray might be working out more than some active players.

He was in fantastic shape two years ago I'm sure, too, and at that point he looked pretty much done. I don't question that he's in outstanding shape for a guy his age and I bet he can still shoot, but he wasn't guarding at a passable level two years ago, much less now.

Reaction Score
GS just signed David West to a league minimum contract, 1.5 M. Should help in the locker room and the second team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom