Rules question.. | The Boneyard

Rules question..

Reaction Score
In the W if a player is called for a flagrant foul 1 on a player in the act of shooting , how many foul shots does the shooter get? It can't just be 2.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think they would have a dead ball FT for the Flagrant 1, and I think they could choose any shooter to take that FT. Then they would shoot the 2 FTs for the common foul. But I might have that in the wrong order.

Reaction Score
That makes sense to me, but in the Sun game today I don't think that's what happened. Maybe I missed something.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This sounds like the situation with Chennedy Carter's Flagrant 1 foul on Jewell Loyd in yesterday's game. Loyd got two free throws because she was in the act of shooting, just as if it were a common foul. The additional punishment for the Flagrant was that after those two free throws (which Jewell made), Seattle got possession at their offensive end, and Jewell proceeded to hit a jump shot, making it a 4-point play.

A few minutes later, Carter was fouled as she was finishing, and when the referees didn't call a Flagrant 1 on the Seattle defender, she yelled at the officials using a profanity and thereby earmed a technical foul on top of her Flagrant 1.

I hope her talent is worth it to Chicago despite her high maintenance, but Seattle overcame a double digit deficit to come back and win yesterday's game.

Reaction Score
I did not see the game but I believe that the team is awarded one foul shot for the technical. The number of foul shots awarded to the player fouled in the act of shooting depends on if she missed or made a two point or three point shot. If the player made the two point or three point shot only one foul shot is awarded. Two or three foul shots are awarded to the player if the shot was missed.

Reaction Score
What about a 2 minute foul for roughing? Just watched a special on Prime Video about the last 12 days before Roger Federer retired. What a contrast. Elegant play can be superior play.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
This sounds like the situation with Chennedy Carter's Flagrant 1 foul on Jewell Loyd in yesterday's game. Loyd got two free throws because she was in the act of shooting, just as if it were a common foul. The additional punishment for the Flagrant was that after those two free throws (which Jewell made), Seattle got possession at their offensive end, and Jewell proceeded to hit a jump shot, making it a 4-point play.

A few minutes later, Carter was fouled as she was finishing, and when the referees didn't call a Flagrant 1 on the Seattle defender, she yelled at the officials using a profanity and thereby earmed a technical foul on top of her Flagrant 1.

I hope her talent is worth it to Chicago despite her high maintenance, but Seattle overcame a double digit deficit to come back and win yesterday's game.
Probably stating the obvious, but Carter is incredibly talented (top 10 for guards, easily... maybe top 5?). Sadly, her "comportment" (thanks Doris) is unfortunate many times.

Reaction Score
Happened in yesterday's Sun-Dream game. Carrington committed a flagrant 1 on Allisha Gray as Gray was shooting. Gray missed the shot. She took 2 foul shots, but no foul shot was awarded for the flagrant. Atlanta then got the ball. Basically, Atlanta got possession for the flagrant,but no foul shot for it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reaction Score
Oops , the 2 shots were for the flagrant( after checking the rule book again), no shots for being fouled while shooting?, and possession. To me , would make more sense if shooter got her 2 foul shots, then another foul shot plus possession for the flagrant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom