gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rudy Gay turned down the latest offer and will test the free agent market
Best of luck to him - would look good in the Green and White in Boston
Hope he latches onto to a team that appreciates what he has left

Reaction Score
Umm, no thanks

The league is about 2-way players, amazing as heralded as Calhoun was for D guys like Gay & Lamb came out of UConn

Rudy Gay turned down the latest offer and will test the free agent market
Best of luck to him - would look good in the Green and White in Boston
Hope he latches onto to a team that appreciates what he has left

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All I know is that when it comes to the O/U for season wins next fall, I will be taking the Kings and the over.

Reaction Score
Rudy has always been a vastly underrated player IMO. Remember doing a stat comparison between him and Paul George 2-3 years back and it was nearly identical. Also has always been a really cool guy who reps UConn and seems excited to talk about the program in the times I've met him. Hope he latches on to a good situation!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Poor man's Durant, kind of makes sense.
It depends on if the injury has made him a starter or a 6th man. I think his current ability would determine where he lands.

Reaction Score
Rudy has always been a vastly underrated player IMO. Remember doing a stat comparison between him and Paul George 2-3 years back and it was nearly identical. Also has always been a really cool guy who reps UConn and seems excited to talk about the program in the times I've met him. Hope he latches on to a good situation!
I'm not sure I fully agree, but I do think he's become underrated the past couple years.

His contract was so overly scrutinized that people seem to forget he's actually a pretty good player (especially offensively). And with the recent increases to the cap, he might not even be overpaid anymore.

If he's healthy, he'd be a really nice fit in OKC.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Never fails! A bunch of out of place, angry posts, then I read the "ignored content" and bang! JSM ...
I figured he said something typically stupid - so typically JSM
I have him as one of the dregs I ignore and really don't care what he says or thinks
So sad

Reaction Score
Like to see him as a Hornet, but that owner never seems to make players better, rather worse

Maybe he made Rip better but even that's a stretch

Of course when he played he made everyone better

Reaction Score
What does this have to do with the fact Rudy is a terrible defensive player?

I like Rudy, thanks for blowing the G Mason game and not giving a care about college hoops at the end

Funny. This board is about 2-way posters. Guys who can praise and offer constructive criticism. Clearly you are not.

Reaction Score
That's fine.

UConn has many more busts than hits. It is what it is.

I figured he said something typically stupid - so typically JSM
I have him as one of the dregs I ignore and really don't care what he says or thinks
So sad

Reaction Score
You're saying Gay is a good defensive player? What don't you agree with with my post?

Forget attacking me clown

Funny. This board is about 2-way posters. Guys who can praise and offer constructive criticism. Clearly you are not.

Reaction Score
No way

Rudy is not a winning player, made a lot of $$ never won anything. Won 3 playoff games in 10+ years and never won a playoff series. Rudy doesn't care about winning. He cares about $$ and has plenty.

Emeka, is a huge bust as a #2, won a total of 2 playoff games.

I love UConn hoops and players, and love their success, but man.

Lebron would personally drive a Kia across country for Rudy if he's healthy.

Reaction Score
No way

Rudy is not a winning player, made a lot of $$ never won anything. Won 3 playoff games in 10+ years and never won a playoff series. Rudy doesn't care about winning. He cares about $$ and has plenty.

Emeka, is a huge bust as a #2, won a total of 2 playoff games.

I love UConn hoops and players, and love their success, but man.

I pity the folks with you on ignore....they are missing out on one of the funniest statements on the web today!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't know, guy averaged 18 pts, almost 6 boards, in a 15 year career. He must have been doing something right.
*Edit, more like 11 years now that I looked it up*

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's because of this post I took JSM off ignore. You are going to make me say it, he's not wrong. Rudy isn't about winning. Teams get better the day he walks out the door. This headline has it right: Rudy Gay Isn’t a Terrible Option for the Brooklyn Nets
Just cause teams get better doesn't mean he's "not about winning". A lot of y'all are acting like he purposely loses games/makes his team worse. The Grizzlies got better, not much better, because Marc developed a lot and Conley the same, the Raptors did because him leaving freed up Lowry and Demar to be the two primary options, and Lowry just flat out skyrocketed in terms of production. The Kings were never really good to befin with. If Rudy can go to a good situation, maybe sacrifice being the 6th man, he can help every team in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom