RPI Ranking. | The Boneyard

RPI Ranking.

Reaction Score

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Look at LSU at 24 ... and especially at their Non Conference SOS coming in at a stunning 284 and their Quadrant wins almost half of which are in Quadrant 4.

Reaction Score
Look at LSU at 24 ... and especially at their Non Conference SOS coming in at a stunning 284 and their Quadrant wins almost half of which are in Quadrant 4.
Yes. I so agree.

Reaction Score
Because the ranking and seeding world is run by these 40 something year old men living in their mothers’ basements: Charlie Crème with WCBB and Mel Kiper with NCAAF-NFL draft.
Gotta feed the computer data in order for it to pump out some sense. Garbage in garbage out.
Yes, for example SOS. One team gets credit for an injured player, another team does not. How about basic stuff we’ve seen for years, like quality wins.
BTW SC is #1 until someone shows they can beat them.

Reaction Score
Because the ranking and seeding world is run by these 40 something year old men living in their mothers’ basements: Charlie Crème with WCBB and Mel Kiper with NCAAF-NFL draft.
Gotta feed the computer data in order for it to pump out some sense. Garbage in garbage out.
Yes, for example SOS. One team gets credit for an injured player, another team does not. How about basic stuff we’ve seen for years, like quality wins.
BTW SC is #1 until someone shows they can beat them.
I believe UCONN Fans all agree with bolded statement.... and we have faith in our Huskies to do what they can to get the chance to take the trophy. HOWEVER, the fact that the majority of the "computer generated" rankings place UCONN very high is a great indicator of the strength of the team and the potential come March. I have faith! And, of course with Azzi, Caroline and Ayanna back by playoff time, my confidence will be even higher.

GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
The NET ranking on NCAA.com has Uconn at #2 after South Carolina. This ranking should count at the end of the season for the tournament.
If we don’t lose to Tennessee, we might keep that ranking.

Reaction Score
UConn's SOS is #1 that may contribute lots to their RPI as #1.
Ohio State's SOS is #86 hence brings their RPI down to #12 even they are 19-0. LSU;s SOS is #123.

Reaction Score
Just curious how as tough as Uconn has had with the injury bug. They still are number one in the real Ranking. Any reason this does not get brought up.
I bring it up all the time...especially to the uninformed that post about how UConn and it's Big East conference wins.

Reaction Score
I believe UCONN Fans all agree with bolded statement.... and we have faith in our Huskies to do what they can to get the chance to take the trophy. HOWEVER, the fact that the majority of the "computer generated" rankings place UCONN very high is a great indicator of the strength of the team and the potential come March. I have faith! And, of course with Azzi, Caroline and Ayanna back by playoff time, my confidence will be even higher.

GO HUSKIES
I know one UCONN fan who doesn't.

Reaction Score
I know one UCONN fan who doesn't.
Not sure what you and @Kaizen think I meant by my post... saying we have to agree that "BTW SC is #1 until someone shows they can beat them." whether we "like it or not"... University of South Carolina Women's Basketball did in fact win the NCAA Womens Basketball Championship in Minnesota last year. They are the reigning Champions... it was not a fraud or stolen championship :)););)). SO, that means they are... in fact #1 until someone shows they can beat them. Stanford didn't do it, losing by 5 in OT...and only 2 other teams (UCLA and Mississippi State got to less than 10 points. SO, as of now, it is reasonable for them to be considered the #1 Team. They still have to win in Dallas in the Final Four... to keep the crown. BUT, until someone knocks them off, either in the Tournament or before, it is reasonable to consider them #1.

UCONN gets a shot on Feb 5th... and hopefully again in the Final Four... I believe UCONN can do it...especially if we get some of our injured players back on the court by then.

GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
A healthy Uconn team can beat No. 1 ranked S. Carolina. Our guard play is far superior. The Huskies will get a chance to show it in Feb. 2023.
Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Not sure what you and @Kaizen think I meant by my post... saying we have to agree that "BTW SC is #1 until someone shows they can beat them." whether we "like it or not"... University of South Carolina Women's Basketball did in fact win the NCAA Womens Basketball Championship in Minnesota last year. They are the reigning Champions... it was not a fraud or stolen championship :)););)). SO, that means they are... in fact #1 until someone shows they can beat them. Stanford didn't do it, losing by 5 in OT...and only 2 other teams (UCLA and Mississippi State got to less than 10 points. SO, as of now, it is reasonable for them to be considered the #1 Team. They still have to win in Dallas in the Final Four... to keep the crown. BUT, until someone knocks them off, either in the Tournament or before, it is reasonable to consider them #1.

UCONN gets a shot on Feb 5th... and hopefully again in the Final Four... I believe UCONN can do it...especially if we get some of our injured players back on the court by then.

GO HUSKIES
Totally,
Also I like UConn as #2 or #3. Same idea, with the #1 SOS, and 7 players, one of these upstarts like OSU or LSU has to beat UConn to overtake them as well.
Hard to argue with the SEC in football, but they sometimes ordain them all top 5 or 10, before they've beaten anybody. Follow the data.
Big 10 in WCBB. Show me the beef

Reaction Score
It is really pretty simple, if Uconn can rebound with SC, they can win; if they get dominated on the boards as they did last year twice, IMO, they have no chance.
In the 2 losses last year, SC scored 23% of their points on 2nd chances. That’s not only a lot of points but they had another 17 offensive boards they didn’t convert, which meant, points aside, Uconn spent a lot of extra time on defense.

Reaction Score

GO HUSKIES
It is not realistic to have Azzi back by Feb 5th.

Reaction Score
It is really pretty simple, if Uconn can rebound with SC, they can win; if they get dominated on the boards as they did last year twice, IMO, they have no chance.
In the 2 losses last year, SC scored 23% of their points on 2nd chances. That’s not only a lot of points but they had another 17 offensive boards they didn’t convert, which meant, points aside, Uconn spent a lot of extra time on defense.
A coaching strategy I believe in is: more pressure on the perimeter leads to posts having to come further out to get the ball, thus negating a team's size advantage. Style of Coach K and Bobby Knight before that. I saw a depleted Duke squad upset Wake with Tim Duncan in this manner. Duncan had to come 15 feet out to get the ball. Game over.
Boston having to come out to get the ball, with a defender on her, she's got nothing. Cooke can score when she's open. Whoever guards Cooke doesn't help, stays. And with the pressure, everyone is getting in the passing lanes. If you want to call it something, we can call it overplay. We've got the hosses. He's played more of a UVA men's defense ala Tony Bennett this year and it tears up Big East squads, because nobody can get open and all shots are contested. IMO he needs to stretch it out against SC. Otherwise they'll just camp inside like last year. Give the team the the next 2 days off. Nika can go back to being Nika. She'll chew their PG up out front.
Geno has been stopping shooters really well the last couple of years. We'll see if they negate Maddy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom