RP get your head in the game! | The Boneyard

RP get your head in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's not used to being the go to guy. Regardless of his stats tonight, this is a good learning experience.

Reaction Score
Further illustrates how inept our offense is AND just how incredible Boat was this year. I don't blame RP, he's one of two offensive players we have on the team. Tough to play 2 on 5 every possession.

Reaction Score
Further illustrates how inept our offense is AND just how incredible Boat was this year. I don't blame RP, he's one of two offensive players we have on the team. Tough to play 2 on 5 every possession.
but lazy passes leading to TOs and layups on the other end

Reaction Score
Ballhandling and turnovers are going to be a huge issue next year.

Reaction Score
but lazy passes leading to TOs and layups on the other end
There were definitely those. But it is an adjustment going from a pure scorer to a playmaker--at least a secondary one.

Those passes will tighten up.

Reaction Score
Offense was fine enough to me, they didn't guard worth a damn tonight
There was some nice ball movement. They made some shots. Even Nolan did. You could see a player like Adams will help open things up.

They just couldn't contain dribble penetration. I thought their rotations improved in the second half on shooters, but when you let people into the lane at will...

Reaction Score
There was some nice ball movement. They made some shots. Even Nolan did. You could see a player like Adams will help open things up.

They just couldn't contain dribble penetration. I thought their rotations improved in the second half on shooters, but when you let people into the lane at will...
Offense flowed better than it has since the SMU game(not gonna count USF), but yea they were completely indifferent to playing defense tonight. Guys completely upright on drives, shooters wide open everywhere, that zone possession at the end was basically KO throwing his hands up with that effort.

Reaction Score
Purvis is averaging about 18 points the past 7 games so not sure what he did wrong. The coaching out of time outs was a joke and Omar missed every big shot that would've made this a game.

Reaction Score
Purvis is averaging about 18 points the past 7 games so not sure what he did wrong. The coaching out of time outs was a joke and Omar missed every big shot that would've made this a game.
Omar tied the game...

Reaction Score
he was not good at all if you watched the game, and bricked the 3 that would've tied it..
He wasn't good. But he did make the shot off the Samuel pass that tied the game at 2:42.

He had another shot, later, to tie it again, and missed. But he certainly didn't miss "every big shot."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He wasn't good. But he did make the shot off the Samuel pass that tied the game at 2:42.

He had another shot, later, to tie it again, and missed. But he certainly didn't miss "every big shot."
Obviously first ones don'e count. Beginners luck.

Reaction Score
No one will make every shot. I think they played an outstanding game against a P5 opponent. They held their own without RB and things look very promising for next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They didn't quit. DHam had to have been exhausted and mentally drained. AB was not in the game even when in the game. And the team almost climbed all the way back. I'm not giving up on AB by any stretch. I think a light bulb goes off for him. And he and PN can afford to be more aggressive next season with Enoch giving five fouls not available this season.

Reaction Score

He made 2 baskets all day. Good night

Reaction Score

Well, if you ignore the big shot he made, then he missed every big shot.

So there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky