Roster cuts yesterday in the WNBA | The Boneyard

Roster cuts yesterday in the WNBA

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did Courtney Williams get picked up by someone else?

No. This is the Courtney Williams from Texas A&M. If she does, it will be noted on this page as well.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations again to Saniya!! Saniya was drafted and signed by Dallas Wings. I am surprised by some of the players who were waived.

Congratulations to all the WNBA players who were signed or contracts were extended, and to the players who were traded to other teams, good luck and Congratulations!!

Reaction Score
Congratulations again to Saniya!! Saniya was drafted and signed by Dallas Wings. I am surprised by some of the players who were waived.

Congratulations to all the WNBA players who were signed or contracts were extended, and to the players who were traded to other teams, good luck and Congratulations!!
Congratulations Saniya!! We B'yers must have some mojo juice,
when was the last time a Uconn player got waived before a season started??

If it didn't happen that must be another record by the Huskies:):)

Reaction Score
Dallas still has 16 players on the roster. Don't they have to get down to 12? When will that happen?

I don't think Saniya is set, is she?

Reaction Score
Dallas still has 16 players on the roster. Don't they have to get down to 12? When will that happen?

I don't think Saniya is set, is she?
Don't know if they have to have it set beforehand, but the season starts next week, the 13th. It's got to be 12 by then. Saniya has an uphill climb. Another case of there being not enough spots for quality players to be put in. She could definitely help a team.

Reaction Score
Don't know if they have to have it set beforehand, but the season starts next week, the 13th. It's got to be 12 by then. Saniya has an uphill climb. Another case of there being not enough spots for quality players to be put in. She could definitely help a team.

The league is definitely too small to accommodate all the tremendous talent available. Agree with you.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wasn't Nina Davis an AA her junior year? I wonder what happened to her - I know she fell off quite a bit her senior year, but thought maybe it was due to more talented players around her...

Reaction Score
Wasn't Nina Davis an AA her junior year? I wonder what happened to her - I know she fell off quite a bit her senior year, but thought maybe it was due to more talented players around her...

She played PF all her career instead of focusing on trying to be a wing player. She has 0 three point range and her mid range game is virtually non exsistant. What she got by with in college certainly couldn't pass in the W thus why she was waived.

Reaction Score

Yes she was. Unfortunately for her, she never expanded her game. And she can't banged with the bigs in the WNBA

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
One of the major reasons Nina lost so much playing time this year when Mulkey decided to go with the bigger lineup. She played Defense well enough against Athletic Wings/Forwards, but had limited offense when she wasn't in the low post. Don't know whether to blame Kim for not encouraging Nina to develop an outside game for the net level or if Nina didn't work hard enough in the off season. Nina is a talented enough player/athlete and should be able to develop a better outside shot.

She played PF all her career instead of focusing on trying to be a wing player. She has 0 three point range and her mid range game is virtually non exsistant. What she got by with in college certainly couldn't pass in the W thus why she was waived.

Reaction Score
One of the major reasons Nina lost so much playing time this year when Mulkey decided to go with the bigger lineup. She played Defense well enough against Athletic Wings/Forwards, but had limited offense when she wasn't in the low post. Don't know whether to blame Kim for not encouraging Nina to develop an outside game for the net level or if Nina didn't work hard enough in the off season. Nina is a talented enough player/athlete and should be able to develop a better outside shot.
Has any player gotten better under Kim at Baylor? I don't really think so...

Reaction Score
Has any player gotten better under Kim at Baylor? I don't really think so...

I think sims got better in her time at Waco... also Kalani Brown made a big Sophomore leap and became an AA, it will be interesting to see if she peaked early or will continue to improve.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think sims got better in her time at Waco... also Kalani Brown made a big Sophomore leap and became an AA, it will be interesting to see if she peaked early or will continue to improve.
I agree on Brown, but I always felt that Sims played somewhat out of control, forcing far too many shots, something a good coach should have reigned in.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whether players improve enough or not under Mulkey, the real indictment against Mulkey is her inability to win multiple championships with such a transcendental player like Griner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom