Roster construction | The Boneyard

Roster construction

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Our roster was really poorly constructed. TBH, I think Hurley got blinded by the fact that he could now recruit these freak athletes he couldn't get at URI or Wagner.

And built a really weird team for modern day basketball that prioritizes scoring over anything else.

5 bigs on the team, with one dimensional players like Akok and Johnson at the PF. Yes they can shoot (apparently) but are not shot creators, distributors and ball handlers at this time.

The path to PT wasn't there for Akok. Unless we wanted to risk losing Johnson or DC to the portal next year.

A guy like Jackson is a weird piece to have on a team looking to play 4 out due to his inability to shoot anything that doesn't let him wind up for 3 seconds first.

Losing CFJ really sucks just because I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. But there are plenty of options in the portal.

Then you had 2 "point guards" who could neither handle the ball (which is what they were brought in to do) nor get their own shot.

And I don't recall anyone saying anything nice about Gaffney all year yet now we made a mistake "running him off the team"? The other guy that left could barely even get on the court himself and had as many turnovers as points during the games he did play. And he was the answer?

Well now, Hurley has a clean slate to build the roster the right way.

He can get the right pieces.

Here's the thing though, we're 4 years in and about to do an entire rebuild in 6 months before we tip it up in November. Hurley needs to get it right this time or he might not get a 3rd chance...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco
Top Bottom