Roster Completion | The Boneyard

Roster Completion

Reaction Score
Don't expect an exact answer but based on the way things usually work for commits and transfers is our roster likely filled out by the end of May? I don't get how these players who are going to start playing in just a few months haven't decided where they will play.

Reaction Score
Who knows. Personally, I applaud the staff for keeping to some sort of roster construction strategy. As easy as it would be to panic and lock in guys that don't fit long term, it seems the staff is focusing on 2018 and beyond. Thank god. There are few people out there that would have major impact on next years team, so why lock someone in? If guys like Diarra feel that they are a 3 and input system they are a stretch four, let the kid walk. No need to make the same mistake for the umpteenth time. I get this board wants instant gratification, but there is little out there that would make the program significantly stronger.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
If we could just land one front court grad transfer for next year, I could relax a little bit and enjoy reading about 2018 recruiting.

Yeah I agree with you here. I mean unfortunately we seem to be striking out on quite a few, but one more big man (grad) addition will do wonders for this 2017 squad and make them viable. I don't want to take on less-than stellar individuals who aren't up to the level of the program just to fill the roster.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree with you here. I mean unfortunately we seem to be striking out on quite a few, but one more big man (grad) addition will do wonders for this 2017 squad and make them viable. I don't want to take on less-than stellar individuals who aren't up to the level of the program just to fill the roster.

I generally agree with you on this. However, even with a big grad transfer, we will still have only 10 ships filled. Tough to even practice with only 1o and if we have any serious injuries we are basically screwed. So in this case, I'd consider getting a less than stellar recruit especially if he can some role and/or add some insurance for injuries. Now if we don't get a big grad transfer, we definitely need to take the best available. It's a balancing act for KO here, but I just think we need bodies even if they aren't a perfect fit.

Reaction Score
However, even with a big grad transfer, we will still have only 10 ships filled. Tough to even practice with only 1o and if we have any serious injuries we are basically screwed.
They'll certainly get a transfer or two. I'd bet on that. So even if they sit out, these are kids who can practice. I wouldn't like going into the year with only 10 scholarship players eligible, but if they are high quality transfers that will help bridge to the Gilbert and 2018 crew, I'd be more amenable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom