OT: Rondo | The Boneyard

OT: Rondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rondo to the Mavs for Wright, Nelson, Crowder and 2 picks. Off top this doesn't look like a great deal for the celtics, but i'm not really sure how much better they could have done. This most likely is a homerun for Cuban, although they have no backup center now (Wright is an elite backup big). maybe okafor?

How did the Mavs turn this

Dalembert-Calderon-Marion

into this

Chandler-Rondo-Parsons?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Mavs are now a legit top 3-4 team... rondo-ellis-parsons-dirk-chandler is a stupid good starting 5. Extremely balanced.

Reaction Score
Rondo to the Mavs for Wright, Nelson, Crowder and 2 picks. Off top this doesn't look like a great deal for the celtics, but i'm not really sure how much better they could have done. This most likely is a homerun for Cuban, although they have no backup center now (Wright is an elite backup big). maybe okafor?

How did the Mavs turn this

Dalembert-Calderon-Marion

into this

Chandler-Rondo-Parsons?

Rondo seems to be a bit of a head case, but he is also one of the top 5 pure PG in the League. You would think the Cs would have found a better offer. Must be a lot of picks involved as sweeteners.

Reaction Score
Rondo has been great in stats but overrated for along time. Never throws a "normal" pass lately, always looking for the ESPN dime and can't shoot worth a lick. Good move time to move on! Good for the Mavs probably too

Reaction Score
Isn't he a free agent after the season. I doubt the Celts were going to resign him. I'm. just glad the Knicks didn't make one of their stupid trades for an aging pg.

Reaction Score
Terrible deal for the Celtics. I like Danny Ainge, but this deal will be remembered as the one that got him fired. The rebuild just went from a few years to indefinite.

Reaction Score
Isn't he a free agent after the season. I doubt the Celts were going to resign him. I'm. just glad the Knicks didn't make one of their stupid trades for an aging pg.
I believe after next year.

Reaction Score
Yes, free agent this summer. He's told the Mavs he'd like to re-up with them, though. It would've been interesting to see him on the Knicks. Rondo is exactly the kind of point guard Melo would love, and a Mel0-Rondo core might've attracted some other big free agents.

Reaction Score
He's a head case pg who can't shoot, hasn't played d in a while, pads his stats with assists and is a free agent in 6 months. He does have some weapons around him now and motivation to play well so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Reaction Score
Terrible deal for the Celtics. I like Danny Ainge, but this deal will be remembered as the one that got him fired. The rebuild just went from a few years to indefinite.
They weren't going to re-sign him and his value has declined after the ACL injury + horrific shooting numbers, Ainge wasn't going to be able to collect a huge bounty for him. They're moving on with Smart as their PG and now a ton of 1st round picks, some of those will be late 1st rounders but now it is gonna be up to Ainge to hit on the Cs own high lottery picks and the later ones they have acquired. He's gonna get a ton of time to build through the draft and then possibly flip em later like he was able to do with the KG/Ray Ray deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom