Ron Johnson's comment in Des' column... | The Boneyard

Ron Johnson's comment in Des' column...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Confidence or bulletin board material? You decide: "It's a pretty tough schedule. But the work that we put in this offseason as a team, we feel like it's easy money."

Good frame of mind, but don't know that I would have voiced it aloud.

Reaction Score
Confidence or bulletin board material? You decide: "It's a pretty tough schedule. But the work that we put in this offseason as a team, we feel like it's easy money."

He didn't call out anyone. He said we have a tough schedule. How's that bulletin board material?

Reaction Score

I decide new mindset and they just need to back up the new found swagger!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Love it! Sounds like a confident, team leader.

He is talking in general terms - if he says 'they are a tough team but we feel like its easy money' going into the Civil Conflict then bulletin board material...

Reaction Score
after what we saw last year... it's encouraging.. gotta have confidence... nobody's expecting much from us this year, even the majority of our fans... good thing the team does... and I'm with them on that... enough bulletin board material has been posted downing us, which, honestly, is expected (proof on our W-L record since Edsall left us)...

Time to Turn Up... #RiseUp #HuskyUp

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will take quotes like this 10000000x over the same ol' lame quotes we used to get from the PP/GDL era. "We'll go back and look at film", "We need to make a few adjustments", "TowNson just out-executed us but we'll look at film and get better"...

The guys are just starting to believe in themselves and in each other. Who knows how that will translate on the field, but I see it as a good thing that the players are talking again about winning, expecting to win, and dominating opponents rather than just hoping to get better by looking at film. College players run a lot on emotion and a team that comes out of tunnel thinking that they are going to lose is going to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom