Ron Johnson to where? | The Boneyard

Ron Johnson to where?

Reaction Score
Anybody here where RJ is going to transfer to? Rumor at work said they heard CCSC.

Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Wish you the best of luck.
Instead of being part of a turnaround, with less than a year to go for your degree from a top 20 public university.i.e. a public Ivy at that.. you choose to leave.
Life is all about choices.
Best advice .....to think where you will be in 5 years, because to date, you haven't shown an ability to play on Sundays.
Choose wisely. It's a long life.
Best wishes.

Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Instead of being part of a turnaround, with less than a year to go for your degree from a top 20 public university.i.e. a public Ivy at that.. you choose to leave.
Best advice .....to think where you will be in 5 years, because to date, you haven't shown an ability to play on Sundays.
Best wishes.

F-off

Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Best wishes.
Could it be instead that HCRE reviewed game film and decided that RJ's running style wasn't the best match for Lashlee's new system? So did RE then share that info with him as well as an option to stay or find a place where he could be a featured back?

Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Best wishes.

Really no need for this kind of post. Comes off very douchey.

Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Best wishes.

Early nomination for biggest bag post of 2017.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Best wishes.

Dude, do you regret this post yet? Maybe it should be deleted.

Reaction Score
You can't delete a post like that because it is already quoted several times. That's even worse. Best to admit the douchiness and then everyone backs off.

Reaction Score
We really should keep a list of these and have some kind of award at the end of the year. Best/Worst/Douchiest/Most Ridiculous/Mojo posts, etc.

Good idea, I nominate @huskymedic to keep the list (he's good with lists) and @Fishy, puncher of throats, to determine the winners.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Dear Ron.
Best wishes.

Hahaha. I enjoyed the facetiousness this post was dripping with.

It was supposed to be facetious, right? Right?

Reaction Score
Yea that's right, make huskymedic starts pulling his own weight around here! :rolleyes:
joke_o_553906.jpg

Reaction Score
Could it be instead that HCRE reviewed game film and decided that RJ's running style wasn't the best match for Lashlee's new system? So did RE then share that info with him as well as an option to stay or find a place where he could be a featured back?

Or RJ knows thatVickers and Hopkins will be getting more playing time because they're talented which is a good thing. Or he could be saying, I will no longer run behind that pathetic O line which is a bad thingLOL!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Was that guys post really wrong though? Unless he's transferring to a more prestigious university, why not finish your degree at a great school like UConn? Best of luck either way, but it doesn't make sense to me either...

Reaction Score
Was that guys post really wrong though? Unless he's transferring to a more prestigious university, why not finish your degree at a great school like UConn? Best of luck either way, but it doesn't make sense to me either...

Are you Ron Johnson? Or just pretending to know what is best for Ron Johnson?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

1. We have no idea if Ron even wanted to leave or was told there's no room for him. So he gets the benefit of any doubt.
2. College athletes don't think this way. Otherwise nobody would ever transfer, because the majority of transfers are guys sitting at "big name U" who go elsewhere to play more.
3. We have no idea where he's going so why assume anything. What if it's William and Mary...a better school than UConn by most accounts. What then? Maybe it's Harvard?

This is why the right approach is always, "thank you for being a Husky and giving your all and we wish you the best". There's no need to second guess the decisions.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

UConn isn't a good enough school to guarantee anyone a good job, or to even give one a great likelihood of landing a good job, especially when being an FBS football player doesn't lend itself to studying in more rigorous degree programs. Figure Ron Jon transfers to a place like URI or Maine--sure, UConn is a better school statistically, but do you think the difference is great enough to change his life that much? UConn isn't Oxford, and I think sometimes we overstimate the value of a UConn degree (I say that as someone with a UConn degree)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom