Roma with the shocker! | The Boneyard

Roma with the shocker!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Hoping Juve can do the same to Real Madrid later today...

Serie A is starting to get really good again.

Reaction Score
tough day for these three, eh?

701f07cca09d47eb6a99541df854f778.jpg

Reaction Score
My team, my favorite player with the 3rd goal! I went to Stadio Olympico for a game within the last year.

Reaction Score
Rome did a nice job keeping Own Goal off the scoresheet.

But both those own goals were desperation attempts, certain goals for Barca. Also very difficult to clear. The Manolas OG actually bounced off the crossbar and back into him.

The truth is Barca was not nearly as good in the 1st game as the score showed. Ref missed 2 clear penalty kicks for Roma.

Reaction Score
What a game and finish in Madrid today
Crazy game. I know many will disagree, but I think the Ref should swallow his whistle there. I’d say it was borderline-to-slight penalty, but in the 93rd minute to decide a game, I let the play go. Benatia went through him but he also got the ball. And if that’s a penalty, the one in the 95th minute on Cuadrado in the first leg DEFINITELY is too.

Reaction Score
Crazy game. I know many will disagree, but I think the Ref should swallow his whistle there. I’d say it was borderline-to-slight penalty, but in the 93rd minute to decide a game, I let the play go. Benatia went through him but he also got the ball. And if that’s a penalty, the one in the 95th minute on Cuadrado in the first leg DEFINITELY is too.

The push to the back with both hands is what did it.

If he bodies him and he goes down, it doesn't get called.

Also, he was alone to score.

And the thing is, I don't think he settles the ball in time on Buffon to score there. Likely Buffon would have pounced on him.

I don't blame the ref.

Reaction Score
My son agrees with you. He couldn't believe the call. I could go either way. I think this is different then when a guy gets nudged in the corner or top of the penalty box. Here Lucas was 5 feet from the goal with the ball at his head. Benatia went through him first, then got ball from the side. You can see Lucas buckle a bit and I don't think he could fake that because it was fully behind him. That was a strong goal opportunity and in real time it's hard to say that the defender didn't stop the goal with a foul. I'm a fan of situational judgment (not giving a penalty where the foul didn't take away an immediate opportunity), but I'm not a fan of "swallowing a whistle" just because you're in injury time. As I mentioned above though, my son would side with you and call me inappropriate names for a 12 year old. My guess is that if you are a Madrid fan, it's the right call. If you're a Juventus (or anti-Madrid) fan, it's wrong. I don't have a dog in that fight.

Reaction Score
Who got to the ball first?
The push to the back with both hands is what did it.

If he bodies him and he goes down, it doesn't get called.

Also, he was alone to score.

And the thing is, I don't think he settles the ball in time on Buffon to score there. Likely Buffon would have pounced on him.

I don't blame the ref.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was a foul, every day, and twice on Sunday. (and I hate Real) Probably should have been a YC for DOGSO also. But after he'd sent of Buffon, probably better to not come back to that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom