Roll tide LOL! | The Boneyard

Roll tide LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oklahoma winning sure would make the AAC look even better.

Reaction Score
Seems like all the underdog BCS teams are showing up big time. Would have been a good year for an expanded playoff..

Reaction Score
Doth speaketh too soon?

I guess the Deer Antler Spray or whatever supplements they're taking haven't quite worn off yet.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/30/alabama-players-swats-deer-antler-spray-college-football/

Just what exactly is IGF-1?

Dr. Spyros Mezitis, an endocrinologist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, explained to CBSNews.com that IGF-1 is an insulin-like growth factor, a hormone that naturally occurs in the body and circulates in the blood. A person's endocrine system contains a pituitary gland that produces a chemical called growth hormone that helps children grow into adults by making their bones stronger and helping their bodies mature. The brain's growth hormone then stimulates the liver to produce IGF-1, which then binds to receptors in muscle cells, signalling them to multiply and grow.

In normal ranges, IGF-1 in the body aids growth and boosts muscle strength, he said. The hormone also increases metabolism of carbohydrates, bringing more sugars to the cells that also help muscle growth.

Some people with medical conditions in which they have low growth hormone, such as dwarfism, can be treated with injections of IGF-1, according to Mezitis.

However, "We do not prescribe [IGF-1 ] on a basis for muscle building," Mezitis, who does not treat athletes, said. He added that he was aware of a spray, but notes it is not as potent as the injection. If IGF-1 is abused, he said, people may experience more muscle strength and issues with aggressiveness.

Athletes who take growth hormone in the form of HGH -- another substance banned by the league, but not currently measured in NFL drug tests -- may also experience more muscle growth.

IGF-1 is "just like giving someone human growth hormone," Don Catlin, the former head of UCLA's Olympic Analytical Lab, told The New York Times. "It goes to the same kinds of receptors and turns them on."

Sounds like they'll try just about anything.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess the Deer Antler Spray or whatever supplements they're taking haven't quite worn off yet.

Sounds like they'll try just about anything.

Try it once and you're one for life.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

@raylewis That 's still wrkin, Jimdish!

ray-lewis-antlers-copy.jpg

Reaction Score
Bye Bama. I'd like to see FSU take down Auburn and enjoy the crying and whining from the SEC hype artists.

Reaction Score
I don't remember Oklahoma being as fast as they were last night. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom