Roll Call: I have full faith in KO, who else does? | The Boneyard

Roll Call: I have full faith in KO, who else does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing 10 threads blasting KO for his coaching is just ridiculous and the basis for criticizing him is mind blowing. Many of the comments from those hating on KO are repetitive, lack any substantive analysis, and makes you question what they are watching, such as:

1) KO not showing enough passion and emotion: Are people watching the game?! KO was ripping into the players during the TOs and during the last minute of the game he was literally 5 (maybe more) feet on the court directing his players where to be. He is always emphatically cheering his guys when we are doing well. I literally can't envision him being anymore passionate.

2) Players not developing under KO: Under KO DHam's free throw % went from 67% last year to 86% this year, Gibbs free throw shooting has gone up from 70% to 87% this year, even Purvis' % has gone up from last year. That improvement is due to coaching. The individual defensive play of every player has improved, and that development is due to coaching. Miller shot 43% from the field last year and this year he is shooting at 59% from the field; one of the most efficient scorers in the whole country. That is due to coaching.

3) KO not yelling enough at the refs : Really?.... KO does his fair share of ripping into the refs (as all coaches do) but to expect anymore is just ridiculous. Newsflash refs are not thinking "hmm the Uconn coach is not yelling at us enough this must mean we should call the game in favor of the other team." Yelling at refs has very little effect on the outcome of the game, to believe otherwise is a result of not being able to analyze set plays or offensive schemes. Anyone can say we lost because KO didn't yell enough but thats not analysis thats just being stupid.

I could go on but to respond to some other stupid comments (such as Jalen should be yelling at coaches) is a waste of time.

Because of KO we have one of the best defensive teams in the country and we have enough offensive talent to win games in March.I just want to say that I have full faith in KO, and I am confident KO will get us on a run. I am confident we will make a big, aka UCONN, run in the tournament.

Who else has full faith in KO?

(DO NOT REPLY IN THIS THREAD TO BASH KO THERE ARE 10 OTHER THREADS TO DO SO; THIS IS SIMPLY A ROLL CALL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN KO BEING OUR LEADER)

Reaction Score
*raises hand*

But Jesus how are you so naiive to think that this won't happen

(DO NOT REPLY IN THIS THREAD TO BASH KO THERE ARE 10 OTHER THREADS TO DO SO; THIS IS SIMPLY A ROLL CALL FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN KO BEING OUR LEADER)

Reaction Score
I feel like I have seen this happen before in other sports. Larry Coker at Miami is the closest thing to this situation that I can think of.

Coach won championship...check
Team declined as the previous coaches players left..check
Team struggled in a league that their fans felt they should have dominated....check
Fans got angry at head coach, assistant coaches, AD, everything under the sun...check
Head coach scored major recruits...check
Said recruits either weren't as good as advertised or were not developed...yet to be determined
Program fell off the map and has been stuck trying to get back ever since...yet to be determined

I feel like we are closer to that happening than we are to things swinging upwards again. These next recruiting classes simply have to hit, because in this league and with the lack of respect it commands, every down year will make it tougher to get back where we would all like to be.

I really hope this is all just the fatalist in me and what we are seeing is just a result of losing scholarships, the natural upheaval of changing coaches, etc. But good lord it seems damn similar to me.

Reaction Score
^ This guy.

KO can drive me crazy and should be criticized when he deserves it but there is no one I would prefer to be our coach. From his impeccable character, ability to inspire and deep ties, the guy is a perfect fit. And he's shown himself too be a pretty good coach, too, and will only improve.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Try and stop me

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think most can see from my recent posts:
I fully support KO

Thanks for having a positive KO post going

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still have all ten toes in and I make sure my toes touch everyone step of the stairs I take while avoiding escalators.

Reaction Score
I do.

I disagree with the Adams situation (strongly), and actually in the way he's handled lineups and personal.

I think he's still learning game management. But he's shown a lot of positives, including recruiting and progress throughout the season.

It's important to remember he's a really young coach. We can't expect perfection yet.

Reaction Score
I feel like I have seen this happen before in other sports. Larry Coker at Miami is the closest thing to this situation that I can think of.

Coach won championship...check
Team declined as the previous coaches players left..check
Team struggled in a league that their fans felt they should have dominated....check
Fans got angry at head coach, assistant coaches, AD, everything under the sun...check
Head coach scored major recruits...check
Said recruits either weren't as good as advertised or were not developed...yet to be determined
Program fell off the map and has been stuck trying to get back ever since...yet to be determined

I feel like we are closer to that happening than we are to things swinging upwards again. These next recruiting classes simply have to hit, because in this league and with the lack of respect it commands, every down year will make it tougher to get back where we would all like to be.

I really hope this is all just the fatalist in me and what we are seeing is just a result of losing scholarships, the natural upheaval of changing coaches, etc. But good lord it seems damn similar to me.
I hope you step on a Lego.

Reaction Score
I think Ollie has done a tremendous job with a team that is loaded with average talent.

Reaction Score
I hope you step on a Lego.

Well that's fine, and with two kids I have stepped on a few, but I'd like to know how the two situations really differ. Remember, I am only drawing a comparison to another situation that I watched unfold. I'm not saying anyone should be fired, anyone sucks, etc. I am just saying that the situation seems similar, right down to the way message board fans seem to be sort of going at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom