OT: Roll Call for the Friday Night Tedeschi Trucks Band Jam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Roll Call for the Friday Night Tedeschi Trucks Band Jam

Reaction Score
Love the TTB! I saw them several years ago at the Palace in Waterbury before they blew up. They opened with George Harrison's "Wah Wah". It was awesome.

Anywho, here's some TTB trivia. Their back-up singer Mike Mattison has a double major degree --English and American Literature--from Harvard! So glad Derek stuck with him since the early DTB days.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When TTB started I was amazed at the fact they had three drum sets working and I kept wondering how they sync up. And the bass....has to work off somebody, right?

Huge band and very tight. The horns were excellent when highlighted.

Marcus King is so worth following as he progresses. The Drive by Truckers delivered classic American rock and roll. And then Susan and Derek punched us in the face. They had a long set that outlasted my body. Back and neck pain set in and I had that to drive that long road described by 8893. Probably missed last two songs.

As always, good to see alexd.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love the TTB! I saw them several years ago at the Palace in Waterbury before they blew up. They opened with George Harrison's "Wah Wah". It was awesome.

Anywho, here's some TTB trivia. Their back-up singer Mike Mattison has a double major degree --English and American Literature--from Harvard! So glad Derek stuck with him since the early DTB days.
Was at that show! That was a great one. Saw Derek there for some great shows before that, too, including one where he did a great, Coltrane-esque cover of "My Favorite Things," which is still one of the best things I've ever seen him do.

I'm glad they have kept Mike on, but I like his voice better in small doses like we get now, rather than when he was the only singer in the DTB.

Reaction Score
upload_2018-7-7_11-38-56.jpeg
upload_2018-7-7_11-38-56.jpeg

Buddy of mine presented this piece to Derek last night.

Reaction Score
We were kind of bummed that there was no Midnight in Harlem because Susan absolutely kills that one usually but it was still a great show and what we did get was all top quality I would love to get a high-quality recording of last night's performance.

Reaction Score
Great show as always, they seemed to tease Midnight in Harlem for the closer but went into Bound For Glory instead, which was nice to hear as well. I would agree that Sky Is Crying with Marcus was the highlight of the night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m at the show now. Marcus King Band was superb. Drive By Truckers are ok but a bit boring. They just ended their set. Waiting for TTB

Reaction Score
I’m at the show now. Marcus King Band was superb. Drive By Truckers are ok but a bit boring. They just ended their set. Waiting for TTB
Enjoy! I considered going tonight after being 0-2 on hearing Midnight in Harlem. Hope you get a killer set.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Enjoy! I considered going tonight after being 0-2 on hearing Midnight in Harlem. Hope you get a killer set.

We got that. And a few other good ones. Opened with Anyday by Derek and the Dominoes. That was great. Overall, I think they should try to blend more covers, or maybe more well known covers into the shows. Even partial covers, like mixing in a little bit of Jessica on a guitar solo. They're an amazingly talented band, but lack a little bit of showmanship. They did close with Sly and the Family Stone, but I was on my way out, workday and I've been fighting a cold. Wasn't sure I could even make it. Tedeschi Trucks Band Setlist at Xfinity Center, Mansfield

The place was maybe 2/3 full. The whole lawn and back section of seats was roped off. Everyone who bought those tickets was able to move down.

Reaction Score
What a great show. I was lucky enough to be in the VIP box next to the soundboard. We were the first yahoos to set up a tailgate, just before 2:00.

Had to Cry Today was a wonderful surprise and was extremely well done. My favorite Blind Faith tune. Bound for Glory was a fantastic capper. Back-up band was amazing from singers to horns, and three drum kits with Jaimoe to boot! I thought for sure we'd get an Allman Bros cover with him sitting in.

Very impressed with the Marcus King Band. Will be following them from now on.

Reaction Score
What a great show. I was lucky enough to be in the VIP box next to the soundboard. We were the first yahoos to set up a tailgate, just before 2:00.

Had to Cry Today was a wonderful surprise and was extremely well done. My favorite Blind Faith tune. Bound for Glory was a fantastic capper. Back-up band was amazing from singers to horns, and three drum kits with Jaimoe to boot! I thought for sure we'd get an Allman Bros cover with him sitting in.

Yep. Count me as one of the new Marcus King Band fans. I'm sure this tour will open a lot of eyes in regards to this young man.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When TTB started I was amazed at the fact they had three drum sets working and I kept wondering how they sync up. And the bass....has to work off somebody, right?

Huge band and very tight. The horns were excellent when highlighted.

Marcus King is so worth following as he progresses. The Drive by Truckers delivered classic American rock and roll. And then Susan and Derek punched us in the face. They had a long set that outlasted my body. Back and neck pain set in and I had that to drive that long road described by 8893. Probably missed last two songs.

As always, good to see alexd.
Turned out the pain I felt was the onset of Babesiosis. The next 7 days were absolutely brutal.

Reaction Score

That was a superb show. My first TTB show.

Reaction Score
Who's going to Los Lobos/Tedeschi Trucks at Westville Music Bowl 7/6/22? I'm there with three buddies. I haven't been to this "new" venue in New Haven but have heard good things...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who's going to Los Lobos/Tedeschi Trucks at Westville Music Bowl 7/6/22? I'm there with three buddies. I haven't been to this "new" venue in New Haven but have heard good things...
We'll be on vacation out of state then so we will miss this show, but I've been to the venue a lot. Should be a great show, obviously.

Parking can be a PITA; I don't know what they charge for the lots because I have a neighborhood parking pass that allows me to park on the next block, but the line to enter the lot creates a backup close to show time, so get there early and have a beer in the lot.

Camacho Garage is a nice pre-show spot.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

If I'm not out of town I'll be there . . . love TTB, but Los Lobos is my headliner!

Reaction Score
I saw them there last July 6th. Nice venue. Parking is rough. I would suggest getting there real early and tailgating just to avoid the aggravation of being in line for an hour or so. I'm glad you posted this, it'll prompt me to get some tickets myself.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The TTB show has been postponed twice, and is now on a weeknight Tickets should be on the ground . . .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I saw them there last July 6th. Nice venue. Parking is rough. I would suggest getting there real early and tailgating just to avoid the aggravation of being in line for an hour or so. I'm glad you posted this, it'll prompt me to get some tickets myself.
Parking 35 bucks now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom