Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Friday, July 6.

The Marcus King BAnd
Drive By Truckers and...
Tedeschi Trucks Band !!

XFinity Theatre in Hartford.

round 2002 I found a CD by some chick called "Just Won't burn". My wife and I have been fans since. Seen her twice. Looking forward to this band again as well as the opener.

If there is a gated family area (might be VIP now) to the south end of the lawn we like to set up chairs behind it...a tip from @Nuzzi

Reaction Score
Marcus King can play the guitar, and he can sing too.
Tedeschi Trucks with Moonlight in Harlem. You tube at Crossroads 8:10. So Good.

Reaction Score
Great bill for this, at a great price. When I saw them at Red Rocks, they collaborated with the rest of the bill the entire night. Derek sat in on 6 straight songs with Los Lobos. In an era where the big names like U2 are charging over $200 per ticket, it’s so refreshing to see such a group of true musicians at such a bargain. I took Friday off and am pumped to see these guys again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I will be seeing them next Sunday at the former Great Woods in Mansfield MA. Now Xfinity Center.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am planning on it, but keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Will probably bail if storms are likely because I am planning on grabbing a lawn ticket.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I am planning on it, but keeping an eye on the weather forecast. Will probably bail if storms are likely because I am planning on grabbing a lawn ticket.

you should grab a lawn chair at the Hungry tiger block party instead.

(although facing same weather questions obviously)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
you should grab a lawn chair at the Hungry tiger block party instead.

(although facing same weather questions obviously)
Yes, I thought of that, and then thought the same thing about the weather, too.

Do they have a tent or inside option there?

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes, I thought of that, and then thought the same thing about the weather, too.

Do they have a tent or inside option there?

gonna find out. I mean obviously they have an inside option, there is a 10 pm band in there after we are done outside...........................but Im not sure if they move us inside or cancel.

Sending email now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
gonna find out. I mean obviously they have an inside option, there is a 10 pm band in there after we are done outside.......but Im not sure if they move us inside or cancel.

Sending email now.
Ok. Yes, I know they have bands inside; didn't know what they would do about the block party. Let me know when you find out. Thanks.

August_West

Reaction Score
Ok. Yes, I know they have bands inside; didn't know what they would do about the block party. Let me know when you find out. Thanks.

Yup moving inside if weather dictates

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Weather looks like it will be clear for the show. Anyone have any info on around what time this show has been getting out? I'm guessing around midnight-ish?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Also, I seem to recall that you can avoid the parking lot scene (and the long wait to get out) by parking at metered street parking that is like a mile or so away from the venue, right on the edge of downtown. Anyone have any idea where that is? Been a few years since I've been there and I'd really like to avoid the lots and be able to make a quick exit once I get to my car, and I don't mind huffing it for a mile or so each way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Weather looks like it will be clear for the show. Anyone have any info on around what time this show has been getting out? I'm guessing around midnight-ish?
Yesterday we upgraded into the arena after seeing an all-day rain event. Of course, this morning showed a rain event clearing out by 3pm-ish. Oh well. At least we can tailgate.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Also, I seem to recall that you can avoid the parking lot scene (and the long wait to get out) by parking at metered street parking that is like a mile or so away from the venue, right on the edge of downtown. Anyone have any idea where that is? Been a few years since I've been there and I'd really like to avoid the lots and be able to make a quick exit once I get to my car, and I don't mind huffing it for a mile or so each way.
There are businesses along Weston St. that have parking lots for a fee. Easy in and out. Good for chilling pre-show. The wait to leave is from the free lots or the VP lots right near the facility. I assume the metered spaces are south on the Reverend Moody Overpass toward downtown. Eay but long walk. A pain in the ass after a long show.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks, @Dove . Do you know if you can still access the lawn with a reserved seat? Prices on Stub Hub are so cheap that I am thinking of grabbing a nice single seat inside but I still want to be able to go see some friends on the lawn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Easy. There are open portals at the top of the arena to the lawn area.

My wife said there are now $6 seats available!! Pissed us off!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Easy. There are open portals at the top of the arena to the lawn area.

My wife said there are now $6 seats available!! Pissed us off!!
Thanks. Yep, $6 lawn seats and reserved seats as low as $10. Crazy.

Reaction Score
I will have at least 2 lawn tickets available to give a fellow Yarder. There’s a chance I may have an extra VIP parking lot pass as well, I’ll know by late afternoon on that. Reply on here or PM with interest. This band is fantastic, I’d love to give these to somebody to see their first TTB show ideally.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Seen all these bands a few times and 8 times for TTB
Heading out to the Levitate Festival in Marshfield Ma Saturday and Sunday
Trey, Spafford, Twiddle, Head and the Heart, Robert Randolph, Slightly Stoopid, Lake Street Drive, Greensky Bluegrass, Turquaz, Stick Figure, Samantha Fish.............................................
Not bad for a grandpa - eh Fishy

Reaction Score
It was my first time seeing the band but I thought it was really excellent. They bring it on every single tune.

Reaction Score
Great show. Angel from Montgomery > Sugaree was a highlight as always. Never seen TTB do "Night time is the Right Time" before. Excellent. TTB went for over 2 hours, ending after 12:30 am.

Hard to believe Marcus King is only 22. The three guitar attack when he sat in on "the sky is crying" was the highlight of the night for me.

Local guy Jaimoe sat in on multiple songs.

It was cool to hang with you @Dove and your beautiful wife again. We had a great time. Rock on!

Reaction Score
Great bill for this, at a great price. When I saw them at Red Rocks, they collaborated with the rest of the bill the entire night. Derek sat in on 6 straight songs with Los Lobos. In an era where the big names like U2 are charging over $200 per ticket, it’s so refreshing to see such a group of true musicians at such a bargain. I took Friday off and am pumped to see these guys again.
Saw them with Gary Clark opening. Also they headlined the Blues Cruise I was on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sorry to have missed this one; had to bail at last minute when something blew up at work. Set list looks great. Have seen TTB (and Susan and Derek separately) dozens of times and have always enjoyed, and they always treat Connecticut well because Susan has lots of friends and family in the area. Was so psyched for this year's lineup because I also love DbT and Marcus King, and I have yet to see Marcus; couldn't beat the price, and Hartford is wayyy better than Simsbury for me in terms of the ride home. That said, seeing that it ended at 12:30 confirms the wisdom of my choice. An hour-long, solo drive home in the wee hours after almost five hours of music and at least some drinking is something I'm trying to avoid these days. No matter how hard I try, head nods seem inevitable at some point over the last several miles and they scare the crap out of me.

Don't think I've ever seen TTB cover Blind Faith's "Had to Cry Today" before. How was that? Was Susan singing lead for that?

No "Midnight in Harlem" I see. Derek's solo in that is usually a highlight for me. Was there a similar moment in one of the other tunes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom