Rogue One | The Boneyard

Rogue One

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
What do people think of the first teaser trailer? This definitely peaks my interest. Think it will definitely be cool to see a small story from the larger universe of the main movies.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
For people disappointed that Vader wasn't in the trailer. People are speculating that Vader is the hooded figure at 1:18 about to kneel before the emperor.

upload_2016-4-7_11-44-0.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was prepared to write off TFA as I had the prequels, but saw it and was pleasantly surprised. I feel the same about Rogue One and the other SW spin offs. I ready for them to obviously suck so I can ignore them, but after watching this trailer, I'll probably go see it. It did look good.

It seems like the Mouse buying the franchise was the best thing to happen to SW since the original movie.

Reaction Score
Rewatched TFA last night for the first time and I am happy with it again. Was really happy afterwards, and started to doubt whether I should a been after reading stuff complaining it was formulaic and predictable. Both were fair criticisms, but it worked for me again. Really enjoyed it, including the acting and the light natured touches.

This one could be a treat too. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Betting that's Rey's mom. Looks like a winner. Such a good idea for a prequel telling that story. Many Bothans died bringing that preview to us.

Reaction Score
Looks very good.

Part of me wonders if the Grand Admiral in the clip could be Thrawn or similar character? Would not take much editing to change his skin color blue (or vise versa) for the movie. If the last scene in the trailer showing Jyn Erso in an imperial uniform is actually be at the start of the movie, i.e. an imperial who joins the Rebellion, she could be a Mara Jade character. With Rouge One taking place right before a New Hope, her age would be close to Luke Skywalker's for a potential romantic interest. A lot of Star Wars fans would be happy with such. Losing both characters, Thrawn and Mara Jade, have been the two biggest grips about the 'new' Star Wars universe since Disney took over.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Betting that's Rey's mom. Looks like a winner. Such a good idea for a prequel telling that story. Many Bothans died bringing that preview to us.
I was thinking it could be Poe Dameron's mom, but her name in the Shattered Empire comics (which take place ~ROTJ, and is Disney canon) is Shara Bey. Maybe Shara Bey will also make an appearance.

And here is a pixel-by-pixel analysis calculating the speed that the dish was moving as the Death Star was being constructed. In case you were wondering.

Reaction Score
I was thinking it could be Poe Dameron's mom, but her name in the Shattered Empire comics (which take place ~ROTJ, and is Disney canon) is Shara Bey. Maybe Shara Bey will also make an appearance.

And here is a pixel-by-pixel analysis calculating the speed that the dish was moving as the Death Star was being constructed. In case you were wondering.

Did you read Rogue Squadron?

Reaction Score
Looks very good.

Part of me wonders if the Grand Admiral in the clip could be Thrawn or similar character? Would not take much editing to change his skin color blue (or vise versa) for the movie. If the last scene in the trailer showing Jyn Erso in an imperial uniform is actually be at the start of the movie, i.e. an imperial who joins the Rebellion, she could be a Mara Jade character. With Rouge One taking place right before a New Hope, her age would be close to Luke Skywalker's for a potential romantic interest. A lot of Star Wars fans would be happy with such. Losing both characters, Thrawn and Mara Jade, have been the two biggest grips about the 'new' Star Wars universe since Disney took over.

I think it's supposed to be the same Admiral from A New Hope. He was the one in charge of construction of the Death Star.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Unless a third death star was built, the one in the trailer was the one Luke destroyed (as the one in Jedi did not appear ton be close to being completed). I'm guessing that Rogue One taked place immediately before A New Hope (I still don't feel right calling it that) and like hgis father, Luke ends up marrying an older woman.

Reaction Score
Unless a third death star was built, the one in the trailer was the one Luke destroyed (as the one in Jedi did not appear ton be close to being completed). I'm guessing that Rogue One take place immediately before A New Hope (I still don't feel right calling it that) and like his father, Luke ends up marrying an older woman.

The time frame for Rouge One has been confirmed - right before Star Wars IV (A New Hope) and part of the plot invovles how the Rebellion stole the plans for the first Death Star.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The time frame for Rouge One has been confirmed - right before Star Wars IV (A New Hope) and part of the plot invovles how the Rebellion stole the plans for the first Death Star.
Didn't know that but it does make sense. Also, the stealing of the plans to the Death Star in and of itself could be a great story line. I'm going all in on Luke being Rey's father.

Reaction Score
Didn't know that but it does make sense. Also, the stealing of the plans to the Death Star in and of itself could be a great story line. I'm going all in on Luke being Rey's father.

I think all of the Star Wars spin offs are prequels. The Han Solo movie will be for sure.

Reaction Score
If no one is watching, the most recent episode of Rebels might be the best Star Wars thing I have ever seen. That show is great, though I am trying to figure out how Kanan and Ezra fit into this all. They SHOULD be around for the Rogue One era.

Reaction Score
For people disappointed that Vader wasn't in the trailer. People are speculating that Vader is the hooded figure at 1:18 about to kneel before the emperor.

View attachment 13047

My outlandish theory is that it's the Emperor bowing to Snope. That looks like it could be some sort of cryo container.
Looks very good.

I just saw a YouTube video that says it can't be Thrawn because the character is wearing the rank of Grand Admiral and Thrawn wasn't a Grand Admiral at that point. They also said it couldn't be Tarkin, but I forget why.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks pretty good. I had no idea this was even coming out. I haven't read any of the books, but I think it would be ridiculous for Disney to release this without linking it to the current VII-VIII-IX series. There is certainly a sizable gap between III and IV. So it's a fair guess that we are introduced to Rey's mom here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did I just imagine Forest Whitaker?

Reaction Score
If no one is watching, the most recent episode of Rebels might be the best Star Wars thing I have ever seen. That show is great, though I am trying to figure out how Kanan and Ezra fit into this all. They SHOULD be around for the Rogue One era.

I want to watch Rebels so badly but I have to finish Clone Wars first. I think getting a full understanding of Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship would make watching Rebels much more satisfying. (I already know what happens at the end of the last Rebels episode.) Also pumped to get introduced to Ezra.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
From MTV news...

According to Ridley, rumors of Jyn and Rey’s familial connection have been greatly exaggerated. “I’m not being funny you guys, but just because she’s white and got brown hair… it doesn’t mean she’s my mom,” Ridley told MTV’s Josh Horowitz backstage at the MTV Movie Awards.

And besides, Ridley already knows who Rey’s parents are — and she doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. “I think the amazing thing about [Episode VII] is that Finn and Rey don’t come from anywhere, and they find a place,” Ridley, who’s currently filming Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII, said. “So to me, it’s funny that people think it’s so important because I don’t really think it is.”

Reaction Score

Thanks. Daisy says that Rey doesn't come from anywhere, yet the entire movie from her dream sequence to the connection between her an a certain lightsaber that has belonged to a certain family along with Kennedy's statement that the 'main' Star Wars movies at least for the foreseeable future will follow the same family screams that she definitely comes from someone alright. This reminds me of several statements from the same director before that other SciFi moive that Cumberbatch was not playing Kahn.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Daisy says that Rey doesn't come from anywhere, yet the entire movie from her dream sequence to the connection between her an a certain lightsaber that has belonged to a certain family along with Kennedy's statement that the 'main' Star Wars movies at least for the foreseeable future will follow the same family screams that she definitely comes from someone alright. This reminds me of several statements from the same director before that other SciFi moive that Cumberbatch was not playing Kahn.

I don't think she meant it in that regard. She was talking about the extent of Episode 7 itself and trying to keep it simple by saying her and Finn 'come from nowhere', but end up finding the resistance. We all know that Rey comes from somewhere that is probably very meaningful to the rest of the saga.

In another article citing the interview, Daisy finishes her statement saying: "To me it's funny that people think Rey's lineage is so important, because I guess it is. But I don't really think it is because regardless of where you come from, where you go is the thing... you're moving forward, and you can make a family; you can find people who you love." ... And then she continues to talk about Rey's progression based on her relationships she's making.

So I think there's more to her statement than just "Where I come from isn't important."

Reaction Score
Rewatched TFA last night for the first time and I am happy with it again. Was really happy afterwards, and started to doubt whether I should a been after reading stuff complaining it was formulaic and predictable. Both were fair criticisms, but it worked for me again. Really enjoyed it, including the acting and the light natured touches.

This one could be a treat too. We'll see.
I rewatched it two weeks ago or so on a plane. Just really good.

As for Rogue Squadron--this also looks quite good. Here's hoping they don't fecundity it up.

Reaction Score
I've not watched the show in its entirety, but Vader's first appearance was pretty awesome, and the finale with Maul/Vader/Inquisitors/Asokha/Kanan/Ezra all doing pretty cool things was almost enough to get me to invest more time in it.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
So Disney ordered reshoots... lots of rumors flying around including that 40% of the shots are being reshot and that the mouse house was unhappy with the dark tone of the script / film .

Rumor: Rogue One Reshoots Details

One might wonder if these rumors of "oh it's too much of a dark war story" are planted to stoke the imaginations of fanboys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom