Rodney's Issue? | The Boneyard

Rodney's Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Purvis' body has transformed into a more muscular and, consequently, heavier body. At NC State, he was listed at 195. This year he is listed at 205, but I'd be willing to bet that he is closer to 210-215.

Watching the mixtapes from his senior year of high school, and even his highlights from his freshman year at NC State, he was much quicker and explosive. I think him bulking up and not seeing game-action all of last year has thrown Purvis out of whack. He is still adjusting to the added muscle (weight) to his frame.

He struggles handling the ball/driving to the hoop now and that never used to be an issue for him. Personally, I think it is because his mind still thinks he can move as quickly, explosively, etc. as he did when he was at NC State. But in reality, he's not as fast as he once was.

I think trimming back down to 195-200 would do him a lot of good considering the kind of game he plays.

Reaction Score
I am not sure if that is the issue, but adding even just 15 pounds for some people is too much depending on their game style. If you are just a post up player or spot up shooter, not a big deal, but sometimes it can hurt if you are a driver.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He looked pretty damn explosive driving the baseline against Tulsa. Rodney has places to improve but I don't think they are physical.

Reaction Score
UCONN faces a huge issue regarding nature vs nurture. Men speak of player x or why or zeee, but homers must here to beez the truth or prepare to sleepwalk yet another scare.
\
Next season will be a white flag waving exhibition at gampel, unless a miracle occurs leading to new players matriculating stores who can buy a hoop.

Reaction Score
Everyone expects this kid to dunk the ball with authority every possession like he does in all of his mixtapes and it just doesnt happen like that. The last thing Purvis needs to improve on is his athleticism and explosiveness. He needs to improve on the fundamentals, shooting, ball handling, passing, decision making ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom